Accountant, Associate 2
- Location: Kraków, Malopolskie, Poland
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Accountant, Associate 2Purpose Of Role:
You'll be joining the Payment HUB team in Financial Shared Service Center Cracow (Poland), which provides a wide range of services to multiple State Street Bank locations, including EMEA and North America.
The Team provides operation support for Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA), Foreign Exchange for Cash (FX4Cash) and Cross Border Low Value Payments (XBACH).
- Perform the end-to-end accounting processes that may include [but are not limited to]: accounting documents processing, payments preparation, preparation of financial statements , etc
- Work according to priorities and deadlines outlined by the Team Leader
- Maintain standards of personal and professional performance/behavior ensuring accountability and adherence to company policies and procedures
- Monitor and confirm to direct manager completeness of daily tasks delivery at the end of each business day
Keep Service Quality
- Take responsibility for the quality of service to assigned clients
- Identify [and execute] process improvements. Keep process documentation up to date [change management]
- Identify issues and problems in service delivery and suggest necessary corrective action, keeping team and direct manager informed of issue; record occurring issues in the issues log and track progress
- Complete your job-related tasks as designed by procedures and requested by the manager independently - following the principles of (1) quality (2) completeness and (3) timeliness. Support junior staff with the job-related tasks; act as SME
- Ensure adherence to Company and Departmental policies and procedures
- Maintain close contact with direct manager, briefing him/her on all issues and problems both actual and potential
- Develop and maintain strong relationship with client, colleagues and key internal suppliers
- Participate in Service Reviews and ad hoc client/donor site meetings as requested accordingly to the role
- Ensure effective logging and resolution of enquiries and liaise with appropriate parties to resolve/ escalate queries / problems within agreed timescales [in agreement with direct manager, depending on situation try to resolve/escalate on own responsibility]
- Ensure that direct manager is kept aware of all issues/problems/queries/work in progress that may impact upon the quality of service being given.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- At least 1 years of Professional experience in finance and/or other related fields.
- Knowledge of international payments/settlements would be beneficial.
- An ability to adhere to multiple deadlines, with good time management and the ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment also the ability to lead and motivate a team of people.
- An innovative and structured approach to work, coupled with an ability to continuously identify and implement process improvements.
- A willingness to take ownership of problems and an ability to communicate with clients, and colleagues at all levels whilst being customer service focused.
- PC application knowledge and good Excel skill-set are necessary.
- Advance Language skills, written and verbal in English and country language if required.
- Attention to details is crucial
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway