AML Specialist, Associate 1
- Location: Kraków, Malopolskie, Poland
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
AML Specialist, Associate 1Grow your career at State Street
From technology and product innovation to corporate responsibility and community development, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. We're a global company with diverse people and experiences, and a network of over 35,000 employees spanning more than 100 markets. For us, success comes from the impact our employees have - on our clients, our communities and each other.
We're committed to providing an inclusive environment where all employees feel valued and supported. Join us and make your mark at State Street.
AML Specialist :
The AML Shared Services department provides a Customer Due Diligence (CDD) service to State Street Global Services in EMEA. Associate 1 will be responsible for requesting CDD documentation for clients from State Street EMEA sites as well as sourcing other CDD documentation independently from various websites and vendors. Part of the role will include screening clients' names and other parties against various sanctions lists and completing Anti-Money Laundering risk assessment.
- Requesting CDD documentation for clients from State Street Donor sites (BU)
- Sourcing other CDD documentation independently from various websites and vendors
- Reviewing and tracking CDD documentation for all customers in line with applicable AML Policies & Procedures
- Completing the necessary forms required to support CDD
- Notifying local management of operational issues
- Completing Anti-Money Laundering risk assessment using corporate compliance tools prior to account opening and on an on-going basis
- Engaging with other State Street offices and providing updates and the necessary reports to State Street Donor sites
- Gathering and compiling MIS on clients' and underlying investors CDD
- Preparing status reports to senior management
- Updating and maintenance of the team's KYC database.
Specific Qualifications / Skills
- Very good language skills in English
- One or more of the following languages: French German Italian or Dutch would be an advantage;
- Enquiring mind and ability to investigate and problem solve
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills - ability to keep meticulous records
- Ability to communicate confidently efficiently and clearly in both written and verbal forms
- Strong time management skills
- Flexibility in re-prioritizing tasks
- Good Microsoft Excel and Word skills
- Ability to perform effectively to strict deadlines.
- Good numerical and analytical abilities
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills - both verbal and written
- Team player
- Very good English.
Third level qualification Legal Finance or Business related.
Previous Level Of Experience:
Some knowledge of anti-money laundering know-your-customer process.
1. As relates to Employee's job related task and duties Employee is responsible towards his direct Superior.
2. All issues with which Employee turns to the one level up Manager should have been discussed with his direct Superior.
3. Employee has the right to appeal from every decision of his direct Superior to the one level up Manager.
Employee's responsibility rules
1. Employee is made accountable for all his job duties and State Street's property entrusted to him.
2. Employee's responsibility concerns at equal degree entrusted duties, decisions taken and the initiative required at the given position.
3. Employee is responsible at equal degree for decisions taken and not taken when the situation requires that.
4. Employee commits not to disclose any information that might be considered as confidential for the Employer.
5. Employee is obliged to comply with all regulations and procedures concerning Health and Safety, environmental protection and company's directions in this domain.
6. Employee does his best to make the work environment and culture safe for him and his colleagues.
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities