Senior Derivative Specialist, Associate 2
- Location: Gdańsk, Pomorskie, Poland
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Senior Derivative Specialist, Associate 2Purpose Of Role:
Supporting financial derivatives processes for Derivatives Centre of Excellence .
- Ensure that transactions are processed accurately and on time for our clients' funds.
- Ensure that the client instructions are processed and reconciled versus clearing broker and investment manager statements.
- Ensuring the accuracy of the derivative prices used for NAV Calculations
- Sign off and oversight of OTC pricing and processing
- Prepare and plan workloads to ensure client and internal deadlines are met.
- Point of expertise for complex transaction processing.
- Review all reporting produced by the Associates.
- Daily communication with the team and other departments to ensure any aged/material items are resolved on a timely basis as per corporate standards.
- Daily communication with Investment Manager on outstanding items.
- Ensure timely resolution of outstanding issues from other departments, e.g. Fund Accounting, Shareholder Services, and Financial Control.
- Maintaining and fostering a team environment.
- Be involved in the take on of new business and modeling for new fund structures where appropriate, including requirement to actively participate in meetings.
- Introduce and contribute new ideas/procedures to further streamline the operational process.
- Ensure any internal/external audit queries are dealt with in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that relevant reporting is prepared, reviewed and sign-off agreed with the corresponding SSB sites.
- Mentoring and development of the team through goal and objective setting.
Work Parameters Or Boundaries:
Internal procedures and regulations
Performance Planning and Review System (PPR)
Specific Qualifications / Skills:
Communicate effectively and accurately in the English language.
Strong management and organizational skills with a high degree of numeracy.
Working knowledge of software packages, particularly Microsoft Excel.
Financial derivatives knowledge preferred
Level Of Education:
The candidate should have an honors' degree in a business related field.
Previous Level Of Experience:
Previous experience of accounting for unit trusts, OEIC's or other collective investment schemes preferred but not essential.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Attention to detail crucial
- Skilled communicator, both verbal and written
- Methodical and organized
- Team player
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good management skills
- Excellent English