Securities Lending Support Analyst, Associate
Purpose Of Role:
This role has been created to provide operational support to the SSB Depotbank Control (Securities Lending / OTC Collateral control) team. The Securities Lending Support Analyst will be responsible for working in close cooperation with the Depotbank Control team to ensure daily ex-post compliance and conformity checks are completed within the advised timeframes. The Securities Lending Support Analyst will be responsible for producing comprehensive client reporting and performing daily reconciliation processes to support the Depotbank Control activities of the Securities Lending and OTC derivative business lines. Experience of working with Excel and creating Macros would be a distinct advantage. The majority of the tasks are time sensitive and delivery times to clients are regulated in various SLA's and Operating procedures. The role requires the candidate to work in a disciplined manner, have the ability to work to tight deadlines and to escalate issues in a timely manner within the team wherever required. Specific Duties: TECHNICAL SKILLS
REVIEWING WORK AND ASSISTING TEAM SUPERVISOR
- Reconciliation experience
- Data Uploads and Data Staging
- MS Office experience
- Excel and macro experience
- Data Quality Checks
- Daily and Intra-Day Data Maintenance
- Data Transfers and Monitoring
- Data Processing
- Data Quality Improvements
- IT and BU Coordination to ensure proper data flow, integrity and handling
- Process and Procedure Optimization within Data Management
- Liaises with internal clients and supporting departments for the purpose of obtaining key inputs to service delivery
- Performs special projects and other tasks as assigned by the Team Supervisor
- Maintaining and fostering a team environment
NON - TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES COMMUNICATION
- Involvement in departmental ad-hoc projects
- Make recommendations for changes to processes and procedures and prepare documentation for review as required
- Participate in weekly review meetings when required
- Resolve review points highlighted by their manager and ensure they are kept informed of progress
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with internal clients and colleagues
TRAINING AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Ability to work in a disciplined, organized manner to tight SLA agreed deadlines
- Flexibility and an ability to manage ad-hoc requests
- Demonstrates good time organizational skills in order to meet deadlines
- Maintains systematic filing practices
Work Parameters Or Boundaries:
- Take responsibility for personal development and training
- Actively participate in the appraisal process by completing a self-evaluation and suggesting appropriate development
PERSON SPECIFICATION Specific Qualifications / Skills:
- Internal State Street Poland procedures & regulations
- My WorkDay's Talents and Performance System
Critical Behaviors for Success as defined by the My WorkDay's Talents and Performance System at Core level:
- Numeracy / Literacy skills
- Accuracy and ability to work to tight deadlines
- PC literate and competent in use of spreadsheets and word processing
- Excellent English; German would be an advantage
- Accounting knowledge
- Basic knowledge of Securities Lending and OTC derivatives business lines would be an advantage
- Team Oriented
- Works independently, efficiently and precisely
Level Of Education:
- Takes Ownership and Initiative
- Ensures accuracy and quality
- Provides outstanding service
- Communicates Effectively
- Displays Insight & Influence
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
Economics/Accountancy/ Business related degree (preferred) Previous Level Of Experience:
Previous experience of working in a Banking Operations environment would be an advantage Work Environment:
1. As relates to Employee's job related task and duties Employee is responsible towards his direct Superior.
2. All issues with which Employee turns to the one level up Manager should have been discussed with his direct Superior.
3. Employee has the right to appeal from every decision of his direct Superior to the one level up Manager. Employee's responsibility rules:
1. Employee is made accountable for all his job duties and State Street's property entrusted to him.
2. Employee's responsibility concerns at equal degree entrusted duties, decisions taken and the initiative required at the given position.
3. Employee is responsible at equal degree for decisions taken and not taken when the situation requires that.
4. Employee commits not to disclose any information that might be considered as confidential for the Employer.
5. Employee is obliged to comply with all regulations and procedures concerning Health and Safety, environmental protection and company's directions in this domain.
6. Employee does his best to make the work environment and culture safe for him and his colleagues. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers