Investment Compliance Specialist, Senior Associate
- Location: Gdańsk, Pomorskie, Poland
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Investment Compliance Specialist, Senior AssociatePurpose Of Role:
- Under supervision of Supervisor or Manager, the Compliance Specialist will engage in various projects, non-standard analysis and initiatives related to technical aspects of the business.
- Provide technical support to Supervisor and Compliance teams to ensure all deliverables are produced and dispatched on time in accordance with SLA and agreed quality standards.
- Review current operational process, recommend improvements and implement them
- Compare processes across department and suggest role model
- Suggest system enhancements
- Review rule syntax and make changes if applicable/required
- Update system with data if required
- Ensure documentation exists for any client-specific procedures.
- Participate as technical SME in the system development. Provide regular progress reports and give feedback during project meetings.
- Track system/IT issues across department and provide trends overview on a monthly basis
- Act as focal point of contact for technical issues encountered in the daily business. Track progress and escalate if needed.
- Contribute to analysis and planning of operating model with the aim of standardizing processes and establishing best practice.
- Onboard new task/process, work constantly on process chain extension.
REVIEWING WORK AND ASSISTING TEAM SUPERVISOR
- Review the work of others.
- Liaise with other internal clients and supporting departments for the purpose of obtaining key inputs to service delivery, resolving errors and discrepancies.
- Assist Team Supervisor in the organization of the Team and in ensuring that departmental procedures and controls are adhered to.
- Take leading role in setting client-specific solutions within the compliance system.
- Support Team Supervisor to ensure that accurate KPI are created and disseminated to the donor site.
- Provide technical support to compliance teams in relation to the compliance platform.
NON - TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
COMMUNICATION & RELATIONSHIPS
- Provide timely and professional responses to all enquiries.
- Keep Team Supervisor informed as to the daily work progress and status of requests.
- Keep Manager updated with regards to project progress.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with internal clients and colleagues. Demonstrate collaboration with other teams and departments.
- Demonstrate flexibility by supporting different client groups as well as contributing to a range of projects.
- Maintain standards of personal and professional performance/behavior.
- Demonstrate good time organizational skills in order to meet deadlines related to projects and daily work.
- Adhere to clean desk policy and thorough record keeping
Specific Qualifications / Skills:
- Numeracy / Literacy skills
- Excellent computer skills including knowledge of Excel spreadsheets and database applications.
- A thorough understanding of departmental compliance platform is required.
- Accuracy and ability to work with deadlines.
- Strong understanding of SQL query language.
- Knowledge of VBA would be an advantage.
- Proficiency with MIG21 environment.
- Excellent English.
Critical Behaviors for Success as defined by the Performance Review System at Core level:
- Take ownership and initiative
- Ensure accuracy and quality
- Provide outstanding service
- Communicate effectively
- Engage and motivate others by empowering colleagues to make decisions and to take controlled actions.
- Foster collaboration and teamwork
- Understand the need of change
- Consistently demonstrate the need of flexibility
- Demonstrate a strong time management
- Remain calm and controlled when the pressure is on
- Encourage professional challenge and debate: ask questions; be approachable and be open to different ideas.
- Support and reward innovation
- Understand Corporate Goals and Strategies
Level Of Education:
Accountancy/Business/Science related degree (preferred)
Previous Level Of Experience:
3+ years of experience in fund compliance is required