Investment Compliance Analyst , Operations and Implementation A2 with German
Investment Compliance Analyst in: Operations and Implementation , Associate 2, Gdansk (with German) Position Description
Are you strong in solving nonstandard cases? Do you have a unique eye to catch the details? We are looking for someone like that for our team. Operational Role
The purpose of Investment Compliance Analyst role is to ensure that shareholders assets managed by the Fund are invested in line with restrictions coming from the Law and Fund's legal documents such as Prospectus. Main responsibility of Compliance Analyst is to perform accurate analysis of alerts detected by a system and report any violation of rules to donor site to protect investor's best interest. On a daily basis, Investment Compliance Analyst will use his analytical skills and understanding of financial instruments to solve various cases related to investment decisions made by managers of the Funds. Implementation Role
The purpose of Investment Compliance Analyst Implementation role is to review and implement compliance restrictions on funds related to Regulatory and Investment Manager (IM) mandates utilizing compliance platform. This will include coding and updating automated tests in the system. On a daily basis, Investment Compliance Analyst will use his analytical skills and understanding of financial instruments to solve various cases related to investment decisions made by managers of the Funds Primary Responsibilities Operational Role
- Monitor activity of the Investment Managers in terms of regulations of Funds Industry using dedicated Investment Monitoring Platform,
- Ensure that market data and accounting information appearing in the system are correct and accurate,
- Analyze alerts flagged by the system by investigating accounting and custody records, researching market data platforms, reviewing legal documents and searching financial web-sites,
- Create comments and conclusions based on the analyses and report violations to the clients,
- Perform updates of missing information in the system,
- Create reports for clients and auditors,
- Point of expertise for complex breach analysis
- Assists Team Supervisor in implementing new procedures and controls
- Involvement in departmental ad-hoc projects
- Involvement in the training and development of other team members as necessary
- Import new funds into the system.
- Associate particular funds to their corresponding rules according to the documentation.
- Check compliance of prospectus and investment guidelines.
- Identify regulatory restrictions and perform their set-up in the Investment Monitoring Platform Resolve arisen issues, like lack of data or misinterpretation restrictions.
- Work directly with other teams within the company in order to determine best approach or to obtain clarification.
- Ensure deliverables are completed in a timely manner and follow-up with internal groups where necessary.
- Assist manager with designated compliance projects and assignments and act as coordinator where required.
- Ensure detailed documentation is maintained for audit purposes.
- Participate in both short and long term projects, like setting up new clients in system.
- Assist in the improvement of the rule coding, identify errors in the software and propose modifications.
- Provide technical support to compliance teams in relation to the compliance platform
What we would expect from you:
- Excellent analytical skills,
- Orientation to details,
- Ability to search for information and draw conclusions,
- Flexible attitude and capability to work with deadlines
- Self-motivated and self-reliant.
- Excellent English
- Good understanding of financial instruments and markets,
- Experience in using Microsoft Excel functions is essential,
- Intermediate German is necessary.
- Very good understanding of investment compliance processes
- Communicates Effectively
- Takes Ownership and Initiative
What can you expect from us:
- We are diverse team and we welcome (preferably but not only) graduates of economics, business, law, finance & accounting, science and language degrees
- We value team work and continuous learning and development
- We support each other and learn from each other
- We strive for excellence in everything we do
- We never stop to change
If this speaks to you - come and join us in Investment Compliance!