Derivatives Team Leader, Senior Associate
Grow your career at State Street
From technology and product innovation to corporate responsibility and community development, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. We're a global company with diverse people and experiences, and a network of over 35,000 employees spanning more than 100 markets. For us, success comes from the impact our employees have - on our clients, our communities and each other.
We're committed to providing an inclusive environment where all employees feel valued and supported. Join us and make your mark at State Street. Purpose of Role:
Supporting financial derivatives processes for Derivatives Centre of Excellence . The Derivative Team Supervisor is responsible for leading a derivatives group and will be responsible for identifying potential risk or problem situations, conducting impact analysis and resolving the situation Specific Duties:
Specific Qualifications / Skills:
- Project management and execution of transition activity
- Prepare and plan workloads to ensure client and internal deadlines are meet
- Identifies and takes action to correct procedural weaknesses
- Communicate to internal departments progress on pending project
- Act as first point of contact for general queries
- Facilitate resolution of outstanding issues and/or exceptions with other departments in respect of the unit's work (e.g. ensure any aged/material items are resolved in a timely fashion as per corporate standards)
- Monitor document process flows and procedures
- Management of internal/external audit requests through to audit sign off.
- Determine training requirements and development activities of the team along with team members.
- Oversee the mentoring and development of the team through goal and objective setting.
- Maintaining and fostering a team environment
- Point of expertise for complex transaction processing
- Review of reports
- Ensuring communication with appropriate contacts on outstanding items is effective whilst maintaining client relationships.
- Be involved in the take on of new business and modeling for new fund structures where appropriate, including requirement to actively participate in client meetings
- Introduce and contribute new ideas/procedures to further streamline the operational process
- Responsibility for MIS reporting (to offshoring SSB sites and Management)
- Managing employees' performance
- Degree in Accounting or Finance or Business related area (minimum 2.2 honors degree).
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA/CPA qualified or part qualified an advantage.
- Previous management experience preferred
- Communicate effectively and accurately in the English language.
- Strong leadership, management, and organizational skills along with a high degree of numeracy.
- Good working knowledge of software packages, particularly Microsoft Excel,
- good interpersonal skills and an understanding of the rudimentary aspects of the global financial industry would be advantageous.
- Financial derivatives knowledge preferred
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Skilled communicator, both verbal and written
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good management skills
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor