Depositary Operations Specialist, Senior Associate
Under supervision of Depositary Manager, the Operations Specialist
will engage in various projects, special analysis and initiatives relating to technical aspects of the business.
Act as a process SME
and provide technical support to Depositary Supervisor and teams to ensure all deliverables are produced and dispatched on time in accordance with client service level agreements and agreed quality standards.
- Actively reviews and prepares Depositary tasks.
- Liaise with clients (internal & external) and supporting departments for the purpose of obtaining key inputs to service delivery, resolving errors and discrepancies.
- Assists Team Manager in the organization of the Team and in ensuring that departmental procedures and controls are adhered to.
- Identify issues and problems in service delivery and carry out necessary corrective action. Ensure the issues log is updated and track progress.
- Support Manager to ensure that accurate KPI are created and disseminated to the donor site.
- Provide technical support to Depositary teams.
- Take responsibility for analysis and planning of Depositary Functional Operating Model with the aim of standardizing processes and establishing best practice.
- Take a leading role in the review of corporate documentation of processes, procedures and controls across client groups. Evaluate their continuing effectiveness and accuracy. Initiate remedial action as necessary. Ensure documentation exists for any client-specific procedures.
- Participate as technical SME in the development, testing and implementation of new systems and products relating to the ongoing business transformation process. Provide regular progress reports and give feedback during project meetings.
- Act as central point of contact for technical issues encountered in the daily business. Track issue trends and escalate as needed. Contribute to "open surgery" sessions for technical issue resolution.
- Provide technical and planning support for new business transitions to Poland. Ensure proper governance and controls are in place. Perform post-transition analysis to identify process gaps.
- Provides timely and professional responses to all enquiries.
- Keeps Manager informed as to the daily work progress and status of requests.
- Keeps Depositary Manager updated with regard to project progress.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with internal clients and colleagues. Demonstrate collaboration with other teams and departments.
- Demonstrates flexibility by supporting different Depositary teams as well as contributing to a range of projects.
- Maintain standards of personal and professional performance/behavior
- The ability to understand complex investment fund structures and to identify the risks inherent in those structures.
- A thorough understanding of fund administration is required
- Degree in Accounting or Finance or Business related area
- 3+ years of experience in finance, custody or funds administration would be recommended
- Advanced PC skills including MS Office applications (MS Excel mostly)
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Fluent English - strong verbal and written communication skills
- Multitasking skills, strong analytical and prioritization skills, experience in deadline-driven work environment
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- Social benefits: MultiSport Card, cinema ticket, money transfer
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway