Depositary Analyst - Settlements, Associate
About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers Who we are looking for:
We are looking for new team members who display a high level of attention to detail, good analytical and communication skills. If you would like to deal with other departments, stakeholders in Germany and worldwide during your daily operations and if you can deal with a really fast paced environment, highly accurate data processing and tight deadlines, then this role will fit you perfectly. Why this role is important to us:
The Depositary Analyst is responsible for analyzing the content and monitoring the quality on a wide spectrum of depositary control functions, namely safekeeping of assets and general oversight functions, trade settlement and cash monitoring. This role is dedicated to timely settlement of market trades as part of the depositary duties. In this role you will be in constant contact with our partners in Germany and other locations worldwide. Your analytical skills will be beneficial in terms of identifying and solving any discrepancies preventing a timely settlement of market trades. You will be part of a team of specialists, which requires a high sense of teamwork in a fast pace environment in order to protect our investor's interest What you will be responsible for:
What we value:
- Ensure a correct and timely reflection of market trades in the system.
- Analyze trade data in order to verify the validity of trade orders.
- Reconcile subscriptions and redemptions and advise senior team members about discrepancies.
- Oversee the trade status in order to ensure timely settlement.
- Ensure timely resolution of outstanding trades if any issues occur.
- Liaise with other departments and teams internally in order to ensure timely and correct trade settlement.
- Liaise with our partners in Germany on a daily basis..
- Prepare reports required for trade monitoring and liaise with external settlement departments, transfer agencies, brokers.
- Oversee cash accounts and report any outstanding items.
- Stays objective and protects the investor`s interest at all times.
- Ensure agreed timelines are adhered to.
- Involvement in departmental ad-hoc projects.
- Involvement in the training and development of other team members as necessary.
- Make recommendations for changes to processes and procedures and prepare documentation for review as required.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Takes Ownership and Initiative
- Ensures accuracy and quality
- Provides outstanding service
- Communicates Effectively
- Continuous development in mind
- Displays Insight & Influence
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
- Numeracy / Literacy skills.
- Very high attention to detail.
- Accuracy and ability to work to tight deadlines.
- PC literate and competent in use of spreadsheets and word processing.
- The ability to understand investment operations, funds and custody.
- Knowledge related to investments, security types and specifications.
- Proficiency in English.
- German language knowledge would be an asset.
- Flexible working hours (restricted to the current business need)
- No intra-day deadlines
- Interesting, non-repetitive process
- Possibility to Work From Home
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops