As a Business Analyst, you will:
- Be responsible for setting, prioritizing, and evaluating the work generated by a software Scrum team.
- Support development of applications that streamline workflow and optimize processes.
- Transform business requests and other business requirements into technical requirements that can be implemented by the software development team, including filling in any gaps.
- On daily basis, work with development team and business stakeholders to clarify work requests, overcome design obstacles, and make informed decisions in a timely fashion.
- Work with the business and development team to establish acceptance criteria to ensure applications are thoroughly tested prior to release
- Own the delivery of platform functionality from the beginning of the business idea to final testing of the production release.
- Identify any development risks and develop contingency plans.
- Participate in road mapping exercises to develop opportunities that address business needs.
- Resolve complex design problems, specifically, integrating long ingrained heritage platform functionality into integrated solutions.
- Independently and proactively evaluate and manage resolution for issues with the system using extensive knowledge of tools, application and process.
- Develop clear action plans for problem resolution, monitor results and follows through until completion across multiple functional groups.
Nice to have qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in Engineering, Computer Science, Science, Business, Economics or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience in industry/workflow with related computer science experience. Strong industry background and Master's degree is preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in product development and business applications design and implementation.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Demonstrated ability to successfully implement programs successfully
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work and manage large and diverse stakeholder groups with no organizationally authority to deliver results
- Demonstrated ability to successfully take a program from inception to final delivery.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully working in a globally dispersed, virtual team environment.
- Taking initiative and following through with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritize, solve problems and make decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comprehensive understanding of technology systems and software development processes
- Proven analytic and problem-solving skills including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Independently designs complex systems, features and/or processes for complex stakeholder or customer problems
- Develops strong stakeholder networks
- Access to the most interesting information technologies
- The ability to implement your own ideas and solutions
- Participation in conferences and training
- English classes
- Three days for charity/volunteering
- Chillout & fun room (table tennis, table football, Xbox, billiards)
- Attractive benefits package (private health care, life insurance, MultiSport card)
- Fruit days, Coffee, tea, chocolate
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.