Operations Analyst - Cash Operations
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2.7 trillion, over 240,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across four business segments including Asset & Wealth Management, Corporate and Investment Banking, Commercial Banking and Consumer and Community Banking.
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits. Roles & Responsibilities - include specific functions/ tasks/ performance objectives
The primary responsibility of cash processing team is to release and process wire transfers.
Job responsibility includes -
Essential Skills & Experience
- Processing of fax requests received from the Client Service Group
- Working on other functions such as FX, Bill Payment and Overdraft reporting
- Monitoring of queues and workflows and adhere to multiple cutoffs
- Play an active role in user acceptance testing for all technology releases and enhancements
- Be part of root cause analysis and other initiatives related to the line of business
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide processing support for effective and efficient process delivery to:
- Ensure adherence of operational procedures to complete task in an accurate and timely manner.
- This role requires meticulous attention to detail.
- An acute awareness of the high risk, time critical and complex nature of the Private Banking environment, an ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines is essential.
- Flexible to work overtime and on holidays
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment
- A proactive approach to problem solving, taking ownership of issues and having the determination to follow things through
- Client focused
- Good time management skills
- Uses initiative & readily questions
- Must be very detailed oriented.
- Excellent written & spoken English communication skills.
- An appreciation of control and quality issues.
- Control orientated
- Risk awareness
- Support the team in their mission to provide top quality operations.
- Document procedures and identify requirements for additional controls.
- Completion of daily checklist and reporting.
- Establish excellent relationships with various internal departments and external parties with whom interaction is required.
- Actively work with the team to resolve exceptions. Prepare case notes and discuss learning's with team.
- Look for opportunities to improve process efficiency
- Prior knowledge of SWIFT, FED Wire or any other fund transfer system desirable.
- At least 2-4 years experience in an Operations / Banking / Securities Market environment.