Junior Application Specialist (SQL)
Partners Group is a global private markets investment manager, serving over 900 institutional investors. We have USD 91 billion in assets under management and more than 1,300 professionals across 20 offices worldwide. We realize potential in private markets by financing and developing great companies, desirable real estate and essential infrastructure. We create value in our investments through active and long-term responsible ownership. What it's about
The Business Applications Group is closely aligned with the business teams and responsible for the key applications to administrate, monitor and analyse Partners Group's investment programs. The team is responsible for development, customization and on-going enhancement of these applications and related interfaces to best support the global business operations of Partners Group. This is an internal client facing role under the services team where the person would be interacting with business users to understand their problems and come up with innovative solutions. Responsibilities:
What we expect
- Support of the business users globally to find solutions for their business problems related to the core business applications utilized for treasury & portfolio management, accounting, document management and reporting.
- Providing analysis of user's needs and evaluating the feasibility of their requirements.
- Work with business to ensure that the month/quarter/year end tasks are completed on time.
- User access management.
- Improvement of business processes.
- Process assurance and data integrity.
- Documentation of systems and processes and education of business users.
- Focus on supporting and monitoring Applications, Database and ETL Jobs.
• At least 3 years of experience in the financial industry.
• Work experience in Application support role with direct business interaction.
• Good knowledge and experience of relational databases (T-SQL).
• Good knowledge and experience of ETL and Control M is a plus.
• Experience in programming like Python would be a plus but not must.
• Accurate, effective and independent working style.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong analytical skills are a must while experience in economics and/or finance are favourable.
• High level of flexibility, the ability to work under pressure as well as very good language skills in English (written/oral). What we offer
• A highly collaborative and entrepreneurial environment in a team that works closely with both the technology and business sides the firm.
• Opportunity to learn the business from some of the world's leading private market experts.
• Challenging career path with a long-term career potential.