Fraud Team Lead
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description Responsibilities:
Typically related to matters with very significant organizational impact and/or highly sensitive context, researches, analyzes the decisions of actions taken or loan documentation, files, or on-line transactions through a review of individual or aggregate transactions, assessing compliance with contractual term/conditions, insurer guidelines, investor requirements and/or government regulations.
- Responsible for comprehensive and the highest degree of accurate reviews including report preparation, analysis and trending/insights of findings (including identification of fraud concerns) and proposes recommendations for changes that will likely have a fundamental impact on future loan quality and processing.
- Determines appropriate course of remedial action, conducting investigative steps to fully identify the issues, researching product information, terms, conditions, contracts, etc., creating correspondence as needed, enacting responses, and processing complex and/or corrective transactions on-line (including monetary and non-monetary actions).
- Consults regarding difficult, complex transactions. Has latitude to determine contact and escalation levels and make exceptions to underwriting guidelines; refers recommendations exceeding authority levels and/or items unable to meet resolution to senior management for review. Identifies process gaps and provides actionable proposals to close gaps.
- Performs team leadership and provides work direction.
- Acts as a mentor to lower level team members and may assist with their development.
Market Skills and Certifications Essential Qualifications:
- Completed at least 2nd year in college (Bachelor's Degree course) or finished 2-3 year Associate Degree course
- 2+ years' experience with customer contact in financial services environment, to include 1 year experience in resolving any of the following: fraud, disputes, customer complaints/escalations
- Prior experience coaching or mentoring less experienced team members.
- Proven experience with listening and eliciting information effectively.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills including ability to craft customer friendly communications and emails.
- Advanced PC skills including ability to troubleshoot common problems and navigate the following: Microsoft Office, internet/intranet, office business systems experience, and 10-key
- Demonstrated ability to perform multiple responsibilities in a deadline driven environment through effective prioritization and time management.
- Prior experience in processing complex transactions and performing extensive research to resolve complex customer inquiries.
- Demonstrated success working in a team environment.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills and accuracy
- Must be able to work with confidential or sensitive information.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.