ESG Ratings Analyst - Manila
MSCI ESG, part of MSCI Inc, is seeking to expand its global ESG Ratings analyst team. The Ratings analyst is expected to have a strong interest in general ESG trends and specific knowledge about the dominant ESG issues for selected industries. The analyst will investigate and assess core ESG risks faced by the industries and evaluate performance along the key benchmarks for large publicly traded companies globally. Currently, we have a particular preference for candidates with experience and expertise in Healthcare/ Energy sectors. Scope of Responsibility:
• Analyze and prepare ESG research reports for companies
• Assist in development of industry reports, country reports, or issue reports
• Contribution to ongoing improvement of ratings model
• Monitoring quality and developing and measuring productivity metrics to ensure continuous improvement Specific Knowledge/Skills:
• Sound knowledge about equities or financial markets in general
• Excellent research skills and strong analytical skills.
• Strong Communication skills- both oral and written
• Ability to articulate analytical viewpoints
• Problem solving skills
• Self-starter and self-motivated
• Should be solutions focused and have the ability to work in unstructured environments
• Attention to detail and good analytical skills
• Comfortable working in a team environment across hierarchies, functions and geographies
• Ability to work under minimum supervision Desired Experience:
Minimum of 1-2 years of full-time professional experience in:
• Equity research industry
• Financial services experience that includes exposure to ESG investment products, or
• Analytical roles within key industries, or
• Relevant public policy or academic or NGO experience. Desired Qualification:
• Minimum of Bachelors' degree required. Advanced degree in related field (Masters or PhD) or CFA is preferred but not required.
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis. To all recruitment agencies
: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.