Overall responsibility serving a market segment of bank and non-bank financial institutions based in the Representative Office (the Rep Office) with the goal of overseeing the development of lasting, influential, consultative client relationships with key decision makers at all levels.
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 30 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
Chief Representative for Wells Fargo Bank NA Manila Representative office and Head of Financial Institution Group (FIG) for Philippines.
- Report to the Head of Financial Institutions Group, APAC South.
- Oversee the development of lasting, influential, consultative client relationships with key decision makers at all levels. Assist WF offshore in support of relationship managers and in development of high level institutional relationships.
- Active participation on the management team of Financial Institutions Group (FIG), Asia Pacific (APAC) projects as necessary internally and externally.
- Participate in annual budget planning process; manage business within expense targets.
- Lead and develop a team of seasoned and experienced relationship managers and customer service professionals.
- Develop customer relationship plans and country business strategy in conjunction with product partners and Line of Business management
- Assist WF offshore through follow up on obtaining credit related information from customers and market intelligence. Identifying and escalating to offshore WF for managing bank and country risk.
- Understand all risks (i.e. Compliance (including Financial Crime), Credit, Interest rate, Liquidity, Market, Model, Operational, Reputational, Strategic) with a goal of assisting Wells Fargo offshore manage risks within its existing and prospect client portfolio and in line with Wells Fargo’s risk appetite.
- Facilitate introduction and dialogue of Wells Fargo product partners with local customers where permitted by local law and regulation.
- Develop and execute a plan to train relationship managers on Wells Fargo products and capabilities.
- Partner with other Wells Fargo departments to ensure that client issues are addressed and resolved in a timely manner
Governance, Regulatory and Compliance
- Report to the Head of South and South-East Asia Governance.
- Responsible for the corporate and regulatory governance oversight of the Rep Office in line with Wells Fargo policies for the permissible activities of the Rep office and regulatory guidelines for the Rep office , ensuring that all activities are consistent with Wells Fargo’s vision, values, policies, brand and image.
- Act in conjunction and with support from business and function leaders as the primary Wells Fargo officer accountable for liaison with external regulators, government bodies and auditors, whenever necessary, in respect of the Rep Office.
- Ensure all activities of the Rep Office are in compliance with local regulations and internal bank policies.
- Demonstrate strong compliance knowledge; ensure that compliance objectives are fully met and consistently in order.
- Works with Compliance to advise the relevant business lines and develop and maintain an effective control framework and regime designed to identify, manage and mitigate regulatory and operational risks.
- Ensures consistent risk management and appropriate escalation of compliance and audit issues in the Rep Office.
- Ensure all regulatory returns and reports to various authorities in the Rep Office are submitted accurately within prescribed timelines.
Market Skills and Certifications
- University degree or MBA in Finance or related discipline
- Minimum 10 years of management experience within financial institutions
- Strong knowledge and experience in local banking regulations.
- In-depth knowledge of correspondent banking products and solutions.
- In-depth knowledge of South Asia market dynamics, macroeconomic and political circumstances.
- Sound understanding of compliance policy, counter-party country credit risk.
- Proven track record as a Coverage Banker and in leading Relationship Management teams.
Leadership Expectations at Wells Fargo
As a Team Member manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.