- Muscat, Masqat, Oman
- Permanent, Full time
- Al Futtaim Group
- 20 Feb 18 2018-02-20
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives . Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You'll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
To objective of this position is to simultaneously handle post-sales planning, design, and installation of HVAC projects and lead a team of Project Engineers and Commissioning supervisors for successful commissioning of the projects.
1- Verifying drawings/design carried out by draughtsman and planning engineer.
2-To verify the established costs to meets the customer requirement.
3-To plan the project with the help of designated Project Engineer for completion of projects in line with the customer requirement.
4-To negotiate and prepare order forms for sub-contractors and vendors in line with company policies.
5-To improve the profitability of projects by value engineering and by proper vendor negotiations.
6-To improve overall quality of the project through timely supervision of all projects and by attending project meetings with client.
7-To advise sales team for stage wise revenue generation of projects in line with works completed.
8-Safety of people and customer satisfaction are other key responsibilities.
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Thorough application knowledge of Unitary, VRF, Chilled Water HVAC systems and other DX air conditioning systems.
- Very good understanding and working knowledge of Auto CAD software and international HVAC codes like ASHRAE, SMACNA. The position also involves supervision of design team hence should be an expert in Air distribution, Load Calculations, Selection of equipment, chilled water piping design with relevant electrical knowledge for HVAC systems.
- English language along with good functional knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint essentially.
- Thorough working knowledge of Project Planning software like MS Project and Primavera.
- Should have handled simultaneously multiple projects using SAP and capable of reporting project wise cost variance reports in addition to day to day activities on SAP.
Graduate Mechanical Engineer OR Air conditioning Diploma with 12-14 years of Project Management experience in HVAC.
We're here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click "apply": Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.