Principal Sales Consultant, Oracle Communications
Scope of the Role This role is a great opportunity for an individual with Telecom industry and application experience to join the exciting and challenging Oracle Communications Global Business Unit (CGBU) and deal with key Communications Providers and Enterprise customers in Middle East and Africa. The role involves supporting the sales cycle of major clients (and partners by providing specialist knowledge, expertise and experience to enhance and ensure the quality of information and that the CGBU product portfolio is presented to and appreciated by our existing and prospective Clients and Partners.
Your activities will include taking ownership of client relationships to present and coordinate the CGBU product portfolio and arrange the appropriate input during each stage of the sales cycle and technical proposals.
This will ensure that our client's technical requirements are captured, an overall high level technical solution is identified, the best possible positioning of the product catalogue is defined and a proposal of an appropriate solution to the clients requirements is timely presented back through the most suitable media.
Key Responsibilities Including, but not limited to:
- Ownership of Technical and Solution based activities for a specific set of clients or opportunities
- Qualification of opportunities according to RFx Process in collaboration with the Sales Lead
- Support the Sales cycle for Technical and Solution based activities in a Pan EMEA capacity.
- Take ownership of and drive the technical aspects of, the opportunity, solution proposal and relationship with the prospective client.
- Identify customer requirements and define appropriate solution fit, demonstrating business benefits using the Oracle Communications application portfolio.
- Coordinate the technical delivery strategy to ensure the deliverables expected by the client are delivered by the most appropriate resource and in a timely manner.
- Enhance customer satisfaction levels by meeting their expectations, following up issues, and resolving problems.
- Provide regular market and customer feedback to product management and architect teams.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the CGBU, through initiatives, building effective collateral and working closely within a highly experienced team.
- Experience in multi product solution selling within the Communications sector.
- Experience in positioning and selling OSS solutions, especially around Network Inventory and Service Fulfilment.
- Good communication (written and oral), organisational and time management skills
- Knowledge about Digital BSS and Digital Business Solutions.
- Ability to understand and articulate the value propositions of SaaS
- Clear understanding of the OSS/BSS market place
- Working knowledge of Telecom industry standards and practices
- Able to understand, discuss and explain business and technical issues related to Client's proposed solution
- Coordinate and facilitate technical workshops and demonstrations/PoCs
- Experience with Customer Experience layer, encompassing CX process such as Commerce, CPQ etc.
- Experience with cloud and SaaS solutions
- Very good understanding on key Concept to Cash Business Processes in a telecommunications service provider
- Architectural experience or product knowledge across the Oracle Communications portfolio or broadly on Order Capture and Management, Service Fulfilment or Network Resource Management.
- Programming/scripting experience, particularly with Java
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
- 8+ years of delivering solutions to the Communications sector
- 8+ years experience of successfully supporting sales by providing technical expertise, and/or delivery of technology solutions to all levels within the organisation
- OSS/BSS experience mandatory
Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
As a Principal Sales Consultant you will be responsible as the expert for formulating and leading presales technical / functional support activity to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction. Acts as a technical resource and mentor for less experienced Sales Consultants. Focuses on large or complex sales opportunities that need creative and complex solutions. Develops productivity tools and training for other Sales Consultants. Develops and delivers outstanding Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Leads any and all aspects of the technical sales process. Advises internal and external clients on overall architect solutions.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 3 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 7 years business experience with relevant computer applications or database/tools. Ability to implement the most advanced product features. Thorough knowledge of system and application design. In depth knowledge of competitors. Demonstrated project management skills. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication. Ability to travel as needed. A/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable. As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable). As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).