Assurance - Controls Assurance - Senior Associate - Oman
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Risk and Security Controls practice, within Information Technology Risk Assurance services, will allow you to develop and apply strategies that help clients leverage enterprise technologies so they can get a higher return on their investment, mitigate risks, streamline processes, and find operational inefficiencies. We assist clients in understanding and challenging their current risk profiles and develop strategies to build digital confidence by embracing opportunities to stay competitive through building trust and resilience into their technology systems. We cover a wide range of disciplines, including risk evaluation, operational and strategic Information Technology processes, project governance, application implementation, data integrity, cyber security, and accounting/audit.
Our team helps organisations analyse and assess the security environment and application of our client's information technology systems. You'll help develop strategies to increase the reliability of system outputs, enhancing systems security and integrity, and developing strategies for ongoing maintenance. Responsibilities
As a Senior Associate, you will work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- You will be required to report to the Manager and above, and will proactively assist in management of several clients, as well as delivery on audit engagements (internal and external). A key part of delivery will be the execution of audit
- Perform IT general controls and applications controls reviews for a variety of clients
- Perform IT governance and management control reviews including controls around system implementations and IT security
- Execute and document audit procedures and conclude on the results of testing in audit documentation software
- Identify and communicate IT audit findings to senior management and clients
- Prepare audit programs and work papers, and draft IT audit reports and management letters
- Supervise IT audit associates and other team members working on assigned engagements
- You will be required to train and lead associates on audit engagements, and contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
- Help identify process improvement opportunities for clients
- Maintain positive working relationships with clients and seek to add value to the engagements
- Participate in mentoring relationships among the staff
- The role also requires that the candidate is able to collaborate with colleagues across different competences within Other Assurance Services (e.g. Digital Trust, Cyber Security, Business Continuity and Enterprise Resilience, Internal Audits) to bring our clients high value solutions
- Working with colleagues in all Middle Eastern offices on client work and internal initiatives as well as with international teams where appropriate; and, keeping up to date with current trends from the region and from across the world.
- Keep up to date with technology trends
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
- The candidate will be achievement oriented with the ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis. They will be able to work independently and as part of a team with a fast pace and a high energy that will translate into a high quality output.
- Years of Experience:  years of relevant experience in IT Risk Assurance audits, external and internal audit and controls, or financial auditing knowledge preferably within a professional services environment. Big 4 experience is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with IT processes, business applications, network and operating systems at a level necessary to assess the risks associated with IT as they relate to supporting business processes. Demonstrates intermediate/advanced knowledge of providing services relating to controls around financial reporting, compliance, and operational processes, such as IT management controls and business processes.
- Candidate with middle east based client experience in the following areas will be preferred [SAP Basis, OS and DB reviews, application controls testing, network and security reviews, VAPT, Technology Governance Reviews and Maturity Assessments. IT security review such as VAPT expertise, ERP implementation/controls expertise such as SAP or Oracle, or Business continuity / disaster recovery expertise is a plus.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in relevant subject areas such as Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Systems Auditing, Computer Engineering, or Accounting from a reputable university.
- Mandatory qualifications: CISA qualification is mandatory for the candidate to perform the role.
- Preferable qualifications: The following qualification(s) are preferable and beneficial for the candidate to perform the role [PMP, CISM, CISSP, Cobit, ITIL, CeH etc.]
- Candidate with experience in using auditing tools will be preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills, having the ability to prioritize work load whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in English is mandatory. Multilingual Arabic speakers will be preferred.
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide where the project dictates.