Quantitative Analyst Internship
- The Hague, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
- Internships & Graduate Trainee, Full time
- Neuberger Berman Europe Ltd
- 04 Oct 17 2017-10-04
We are seeking a highly motivated student (graduate level) for our Emerging Market Debt (EMD) team in The Hague, who wishes to gain experience in a professional asset management organization by taking on responsibility and working towards a goal. The project will focus on identifying drivers of performance of the asset classes within emerging market debt by quantitative methods. This research will help NB in assessing relative value amongst different types of emerging market debt.
We anticipate the duration of the internship could be between 3 to 6 months.
Responsibilities and goals:
The goal of the project is to produce quantitative signals that can be effectively and efficiently used for evaluating emerging market debt for investment purposes. This involves sourcing and preparing data for modelling purposes: and subsequently testing and evaluating different modelling options like summary, univariate analysis.
• Students with a Master degree (or close to obtaining) with a financial quantitative focus or related quantitative field or foreign equivalent (Econometrics, Quantitative Finance, Artificial Intelligence).
• Affinity with asset management and interest in investing
• Knowledge of the financial market (Basic)
• Econometric modelling (knowledge on time series)
• VBA, Excel and Access
• Any programming language (preferably experience on R)
You will immediately operate as a member of the team and your work will be overseen by investment professional(s) with quantitative analysis experience. It is possible to combine the project with a master thesis conditional on the agreement and approval of the student’s university supervisor.