- Sittard, Limburg, Netherlands Sittard Limburg NL
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Apr 18 2018-04-23
You are an analytical thinker with excellent communication skills for interacting at all levels in the organization,
Sabic located in Sittard-Geleen has a vacancy for a
Global Zakat & Tax Operations – VAT & Customs
SABIC Capital, based in the Amsterdam World Trade Centre, is an established entity within the SABIC Group and the center of excellence for global tax, treasury and statutory reporting. The Global Tax Group consists of over 50 people located across the world (Europe, MEA, USA and APAC). It is responsible for global tax for the entire SABIC group.
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
- Responsible for VAT & Customs compliance in Europe;
- Manage and coach the VAT & Customs compliance team in Europe;
- Review VAT account reconciliations;
- Review VAT/sales reconciliation;
- Manage reclaiming foreign VAT;
- Liaise with Finance, Shared Financial Services, Treasury, Procurement and Supply Chain colleagues;
- Provide VAT & Customs compliance related advice and trainings;
- Maintain and optimize VAT & Customs compliance processes as part of the Tax Control Framework;
- Monitor VAT & Customs audits;
- Identify VAT & Customs compliance risks and opportunities;
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with internal stakeholders, Tax Authorities, third party advisors and external auditors.
- Master level (Tax Economics or Tax Law) with 8+ years of working experience in VAT & Customs;
- Relevant experience within an EU VAT & Customs environment, preferably a combination of industry and Big 4 experience;
- Strong knowledge of EU VAT & Customs compliance;
- Fluent in English;
- Familiar with ERP systems (preferably SAP);
- Willing to do some travel domestically and internationally.
You are an analytical thinker with excellent communication skills for interacting at all levels in the organization, proactive, independent and with a hands-on mentality. You need to be a bright team player who is intellectually curious and highly self-motivated.
This is a full time job with main location in Sittard. However, travel to other relevant locations in the Netherlands and abroad may be required.
For more information about this role you can contact: Ingrid Schellens, Recruiter, tel 0031 (0)646103085.
For this position, SABIC Capital is offering excellent primary and secondary working conditions. You have the opportunity to share your future in a growing international company in an ambitious, professional and dynamic environment.
People Who Can
We’ve always believed that it takes special people to make a difference. They need ingenuity, brilliance and the freedom to turn their ideas into reality. At SABIC, this is our culture. We find open-minded, gifted and questioning people. Then we create the conditions for their talent to flourish: fulfilling work environments, state-of-the-art technology and the empowerment they need. So when you work for SABIC, you’re the person who can find new solutions and possibilities that change the world for the better. SABIC, headquartered in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Petrochemicals, Specialties, Agri-Nutrients, and Metals. We supply these materials to other companies, who use them to make products on which the world has come to depend. At SABIC, we believe in using chemistry to power the ambitions of our customers, business partners, employees and societies we live in. We call this “CHEMISTRY THAT MATTERS™”.
In Europe, SABIC employs over 5,000 professionals and is running 6 world-scale production sites and 4 technology & innovation centers. We are present in almost every European country. Major locations within our broad network of innovation, production and marketing are: Teesside (UK), Cartagena (Spain), Gelsenkirchen (Germany), Geleen (Netherlands) Bergen op Zoom (The Netherlands) and Genk (Belgium). Based upon this strong fundament, we are a key producer of olefins, polyolefins, engineering thermoplastics resins, films and sheets. Discover more at sabic.com/careers
Apply for this job!
If you are interested in this position and you would like to apply please send your CV and motivation letter via our online application page.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered.
Keywords: Compliance Officer, Compliance Manager, Compliance Specialist, Compliance Professional