(Senior) Recovery & Resolution Professional
- Den Helder, Noord-Holland, Netherlands Den Helder Noord-Holland NL
- Permanent, Full time
- 24 Apr 18 2018-04-24
(Senior) Recovery & Resolution Professional
Risk & Capital Integration (RCI) is a staff department within the Risk domain directly reporting to the Chief Risk Officer (CRO). Its mission is to provide and promote a consolidated and consistent risk framework at ING Group level and to support the application of this framework within different dimensions of the group. To accomplish this, RCI plays a role with respect to various topics, such as:
- Recovery and Resolution Planning: In response to the crisis ING has set up an all-encompassing group wide Recovery Plan to enhance the bank's readiness and decisiveness to tackle financial crises on its own strength. Furthermore, ING provides information on the basis of which the Resolution Authorities are to develop a Resolution Plan. Moreover, ING is increasing its resolvability by implementing the necessary financial, legal and operational preconditions. It is RCIs objective together with several Finance and Risk departments, Group Treasury and the business, to develop effective Plans that fulfil regulatory requirements and take the necessary steps to become resolvable.
- Risk Appetite Framework: With respect to risk appetite setting, RCI is responsible for the preparation of the proposal of the high level risk appetite statements to the Executive Board, and also for the preparation of the periodical report which shows whether or not the actual risk profile is in line with these risk appetite statements. For this purpose RCI, has developed so-called risk dashboards which provide consolidated values for several risk metrics taking into account the different risk types such as credit risk, market risk, operational risk and business risk.
- Stress testing: This has become a very important risk management tool during the past years. ING performs both internally and externally defined stress tests, for which RCI coordinates/carries out the selection of scenarios, consolidation of the results, presentation of these results to senior management, communication with regulators and other stakeholders, etcetera.
- New regulations: As a response to the financial crisis, banks are confronted with an ongoing amount of new regulations (Basel IV, CRR/CRDIV amendments, etc). RCI is, together with other finance and risk departments, responsible for making sure that we are prepared for these regulations, and that these are properly reflected in future capital projections.
- Peer analyses: It is of paramount importance that we are aware of developments within other financial institutions with respect to e.g. solvency, liquidity, balance sheet development, loan loss provisioning and MREL/TLAC. Therefore, RCI regularly performs peer comparisons to identify developments within other banks, and potentially areas where ING is an outlier. Disclosures: RCI coordinates the risk related disclosures in the annual and quarterly reports. Furthermore, RCI provides risk information to amongst others the Investor Relations department and coordinates information requests from regulators and rating agencies.
RCI is an international team of highly qualified professionals with an open and informal atmosphere, located in Amsterdam. RCI consists of the Capital Analytics team (9 persons) and a Recovery & Resolution Planning team (7 persons).
We are looking for a (Senior) Research and Advice Professional to strengthen our Recovery & Resolution team . As part of this team your main responsibilities will be:
- Work on the further development and implementation of all requirements forthcoming from the Bank Recovery & Resolution Directive.
- Assist in the annual revision and monthly monitoring activities of the ING group Recovery Plan to ensure that the Plan remains fit for purpose.
- Process information request from the Resolution Authorities in the development of the Resolution Plan by delivering the components of the resolution strategy and reviewing and amending submitted components.
- Contribute to specific RRP related projects to increase ING's resolvability such as valuation in resolution, operationalising the resolution strategy, critical functions and services
We are looking for an ambitious talent who has working experience in the area of legal, finance or risk management and a relentless drive to develop in this area.
- A Master degree in legal, finance, (business) economics or a similar education
- Advanced writing skills are compulsory and form a substantial part of the day-to-day work
- Experience with regulatory landscape and/or policy/governance frameworks is a plus
- A good understanding of the ING organisation together with a strong network
- Ability to work well with demanding senior stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Excellent communication skills, organisation sensitivity and teamwork
- Fluency in English (both written and verbal)
Salary & Benefits
RCI offers you a challenging and interesting position. The position is a fulltime function, 36-40 hours per week.
We have different scales for this role depending on experience.
How to Apply
Click on Apply. You can also call or mail Matthijs van Oers, Manager Recovery & Resolution Planning for more information: email@example.com