Senior Principle Finance Control
- Den Helder, Noord-Holland, Netherlands Den Helder Noord-Holland NL
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Sep 18 2018-09-23
Senior Principle Finance Control
ING Group Finance / External Reporting / Statutory reporting
36-hour working week (extension to 40-hour possible)
Group Finance is looking for a Senior Principal Finance Control with a statutory reporting background and a desire to work in a dynamic and internationally oriented finance team at ING's Head Office.
Your Work Environment
Group Finance/ External Reporting is the corporate staff department that is responsible for the external financial and regulatory reporting. Within Group Finance, the statutory reporting team is responsible for the IFRS consolidated financial statements and SEC reporting. Also the team provides consolidated financial overviews for the quarterly financial press-release, bond prospectuses, Audit Committee presentations etc. The work includes maintaining the day-to-day relationship with the auditors, other corporate staff departments and taking the ownership for setting the requirements of the reporting process, control model and data requirements underlying the different reports.
This is a dynamic environment as requirements and expectations of all stakeholders are continuously increasing. Besides external stakeholders, which includes auditors, supervisors, but also industry groups, the department supports internal stakeholders by providing insight in key developments and advising on the impact of statutory and financial developments.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Within the department you will become part of a team that is mainly focussed on:
- Preparation of the annual- and interim financial statements of ING Group N.V. and ING Bank N.V. as well as the SEC reporting (form 20F/ 6K);
- analysing and understanding the key developments in the consolidated statutory (related) reports;
- Participation in projects to implement new accounting standards, improve the reporting processes and data quality;
- To maintain a solid control framework to ensure the integrity of ING's statutory reports, including the interdependencies with other domains, and on a sample basis test the effectiveness of the key controls in place;
- The functional ownership and maintenance of the ING Group standard chart of accounts, consolidation and report structures etc.
Within the team you are one of the key persons who contributes to the consolidated quarterly- and year-end financial reporting of ING. Together with the team you are responsible that the statutory financial reports of ING comply with IFRS and SEC requirements.
Your main tasks are:
- You review notes/ disclosures on consolidated level and liaise with Finance network team to follow-up on questions/ corrections.
- You are the owner of certain notes/ disclosures allocated within the team. For those notes you ensure sufficient level of control over the information provided by local entities and document your controls for Sox/ audit purposes.
- You contribute to the consolidated analytical review memo and provide input for the narrative and tables to be included in the Annual Accounts. For certain topics you prepare, usually in cooperation with the Policies and Procedures department, accounting memo's for Senior Management, Disclosure Committee or Audit Committee.
- Advise management on the impact of changes during the implementation of statutory requirements and present an impact analysis;
- Discuss business-as-usual topics with the ING IFRS-policies team and the accountant;
- You work together with specialists from other staff departments (corporate communications, sustainability, legal, risk etc.) in order to complete the various sections in the ING Group Integrated Report.
Knowledge & Experience
- The successful candidate will have experience in the area of reporting and/ or auditing and has in depth and up-to-date knowledge of IFRS and preferably SEC reporting requirements.
- You have more than 7 years working experience within international and listed companies, preferably in the financial sector.
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal.
- He / she will also bring a global perspective and cultural sensitivity;
Behaviours & Competences
- Relationship building is key for success in this role;
- Superb analytical skills, with the ability to understand the "big picture" while having an eye for detail;
- Good communication and persuasion skills and be able to present complex issues in a simple and understandable way to both internal and external stakeholders;
- Have a pro-active attitude and ability to operate in a demanding and changing environment;
- Team player that can build bridges across functions;
You can demonstrate that you hold at least a Master degree in the areas of accountancy (RA) or business administration.
For more information please contact Łukasz Wolski ( Lukasz.firstname.lastname@example.org ).