Principal Business Control & Advice Technology
Who are we looking for
Team up with ING, a leading international bank at the forefront of technology innovation and digitalisation within the banking industry. Change, entrepreneurship and transformation have been our DNA with one single goal to deliver the best customer experience. ING Tech is supporting the business transformation towards global scalable banking platforms and global infrastructure, global shared services and global engineering platforms.
Are you the person who wants to have impact on the Technology function of ING Bank? Global Finance ING Tech is looking for a skilled, proactive and hands-on finance professional to help enhancing financial control, oversight and strategic business advice on the technology spent with strategic IT suppliers on a global level.
You will support rolling out the decision making framework for big IT software and hardware multi year contracts realizing the roll out of global decision making framework to facilitate the transformation of the global technology functions in ING Bank, liaison with strategic partners management, interacting with global and local procurement teams, preparing an global outlook for renewals of existing contracts, looking for contract benefit and risk optimization and alignment with planning & budgeting cyclces, interact with key stakeholders across the bank to facilitate decision making at senior management level. You will help building business cases and you will track the financial results of the business cases and related (strategic) programs. This will require the ability to communicate and connect at various levels within ING. Your work will be used by senior management for decision making. Finally, you have a strong delivery focus. You take it on and make it happen. Knowledge & Experience
• You have in depth knowledge of business control in general and specifically of controlling IT
in large companies and a strong affinity with IT; you are fully up to speed with the current trends in technology, especially trends in platform thinking, application development, Agile and IT governance.
• You have a proven experience in working in an technology or financial industry where investments in technology are common and establish management accounting & reporting, decisions support processes are in place. Experience with financial modelling, forecasting and complex financial analysis is essential.
• You have minimal 6 years professional experience in a comparable complex finance technology environment, experience with technology procurement processes is a preference.
• You will benefit from a Master Degree in Finance/Economics/Science/Engineering with work experience within a technology environment. Tasks & Responsibilities
Behaviours & Competences
- Responsible for rolling out robust global decisions making framework in close cooperating with strategic partner management, global procurement and local countries CFO, CIOs and procurement. You are a true and acknowledged sparring partner of the MT on tactical and strategic topics around technology contracts
- Responsible for enhancing and standardizing finance controls and management decision support around technology spent including proper forecasting, scenario analysis
- Responsible for building business cases and tracking the financial results of the related (strategic) IT contracts - financial modelling, forecasting and complex financial analysis.
- Responsible for global cross charging supported with key drivers of the relevant global IT contracts.
- You are able to communicate complex issues in a simple, structured message to audiences, both in Dutch as well as in English
- You are a true team player, fostering collaboration within the team and with others across the business and functions in different countries
- You possess strong quantitative and financial modelling skills and well developed business acumen, able to translate business questions into relevant financial modelling, forecasting and analysis and finding effective solutions
- You are able to handle ambiguity and complex multi-stakeholder environment
- You are able to assess business partners developments and needs and produce value-added advice and reports.
Furthermore, you adhere to the ING values and it is evident for you that your behaviour is fully aligned with these values. You are also prepared to take the Banker's Oath. For more information about the Orange Code: ING-Orange-code .