Officer Non Financial Risk B-Operational Riskmgt
- Den Helder, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Dec 17 2017-12-17
Officer Non Financial Risk B-Operational Riskmgt
ING is looking for an Officer Non-Financial Risk within Corporate Operational Risk Management
The Corporate Operational Risk Management (CORM) department resides within the Non-Financial Risk domain. You will hierarchically report to the Head of Corporate Operational Risk Management.
Within the Non-Financial Risk domain, the CORM Department has the responsibility for the development and maintenance of the non-financial risk management framework - especially policy setting and advisory - with a focus on Control risks, Processing Risks and Unauthorized activity risks. The department also acts as gatekeeper of the whole NFR framework.
CORM is responsible for policy setting and advisory activities for operational risks not covered by Corporate Security & Investigations (CSI), Information Risk Management (CIRM) and Compliance Risk Management (CCRM). CORM also provides direct ORM support to the Corporate Departments in Amsterdam (Tier 2) as well to the central Transformation Program and Innovation Centre. In additional to this CORM provides functional steering to the ORM officers within the IBSS entities. CORM also defines and manages the global defined ORM services that are executed within the IBSS entities of Manila and Bucharest.
CORM functionally steers the divisional ORM Heads (C&G, WB, BeLux and DB NL), including the Heads of the ORM hubs abroad, and acts in this respect as next higher ORM level and ultimate ORM responsible.
CORM focuses on supporting relevant stakeholders with raising operational risk awareness (e.g. control self-assessments, training), creating better insight in the high costs of operational risks so as to enable pro-active actions, allocating risk ownership and responsibilities, providing relevant input into the Non-Financial Risk Dashboard at Bank level, tracking actions and follow-up of high risk audit, regulatory and own outstanding actions, advising relevant stakeholders on operational risks associated with projects or products.
Within the CORM Department you as Officer Non-Financial Risk will be responsible for a number of activities. These include amongst others:
- Develop and maintain an approach for Functional Oversight Management (FOM).
- Coordinate and manage the FOM activities of the CORM department. This includes drafting a yearly FOM planning (to be approved by MT CORM) and ensuring that this planning is executed accordingly.
- Execute the functional oversight activities in order to verify compliancy of business entities with ING's NFR Framework, Policies and Procedures. This concerns the procedures that details the principles for Risk Identification and Assessment, Risk Mitigation and Issue tracking, External & Internal Events, and Monitoring and Quality Assurance. In addition, important subjects in scope of FOM are the ORM Policies on Sourcing and PARP.
- Setup and coordinate virtual teams (with representation of ORM Tier 1) for the execution of FOM. During execution you will leverage on risk data captured in ING's integrated non-financial risk system (iRisk), identify good practices within ING and promote active sharing across the organisation.
- You are responsible for reporting of FOM results to stakeholders, and supporting - in case applicable - business entities that will have to take any enhancement actions following the results of the FOM review.
- As being part of a small team that applies an Agile mind-set, if needed, you support your colleagues with other activities in scope of CORM, for example on the area of AMA/Scenario Analysis validation and providing Operational Risk trainings.
You will be operating in a challenging international environment. As such you will have a/o contacts with professionals within the other NFR Departments (CSI, CIRM and Corporate Compliance), as well as the Global ORM community.
You have in the area of Non-Financial Risk or Operational Risk Management extensive experience with Functional Management, 2nd Line Monitoring and/or Quality Assurance. You also have a good understanding, knowledge and experience with ING's NFR Framework and related Procedures and Policies.
Furthermore, you adhere to the ING values and it is evident for you that your behaviour is fully aligned with these values. You are also prepared to take the Banker's Oath. For more information, please visit http://www.ing.jobs/Netherlands/Why-ING/This-is-ING-too/ING-Values.htm
What are we looking for
- Good judgment
- Team leadership
- Learning agility
- Experience as senior NFR Officer with at least 5 years in risk areas that are relevant for Operational Risk Management
- Knowledge of Banking business, processes, procedures and systems.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work across both functional and geographical lines
- Strong ability to earn trust and respect of clients, colleagues and senior management
- Experience with the implementation of NFR Framework within business units and/or head office
- Ability to be firm when needed and show flexibility when possible
- Excellent analytical skills and sound judgment
- University Degree or equivalent
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)What we offer
- 36/40 hours
- Job grade: FG12