Officer Non-Financial Risk A
- Den Helder, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
- Permanent, Full time
- 14 Dec 17 2017-12-14
Officer Non-Financial Risk A
ING is looking for a Officer Non-Financial Risk A within Corporate Operational Risk Management
The Corporate Operational Risk Management (CORM) department resides within the Non-Financial Risk domain. You will hierarchically report to the Head of Corporate Operational Risk Management.
Within the Non-Financial Risk domain, the CORM Department has the responsibility for the development and maintenance of the non-financial risk management framework - especially policy setting and advisory - with a focus on Control risks, Processing Risks and Unauthorized activity risks. The department also acts as gatekeeper of the whole NFR framework.
CORM is responsible for policy setting and advisory activities for operational risks not covered by Corporate Security & Investigations (CSI), Information Risk Management (CIRM) and Compliance Risk Management (CCRM). CORM also provides direct ORM support to the Corporate Departments in Amsterdam (Tier 2) as well to the central Transformation Program and Innovation Centre. In additional to this CORM provides functional steering to the ORM officers within the IBSS entities. CORM also defines and manages the global defined ORM services that are executed within the IBSS entities of Manila and Bucharest.
CORM functionally steers the divisional ORM Heads (C&G, WB, BeLux and DB NL), including the Heads of the ORM hubs abroad, and acts in this respect as next higher ORM level and ultimate ORM responsible.
CORM focuses on supporting relevant stakeholders with raising operational risk awareness (e.g. control self-assessments, training), creating better insight in the high costs of operational risks so as to enable pro-active actions, allocating risk ownership and responsibilities, providing relevant input into the Non-Financial Risk Dashboard at Bank level, tracking actions and follow-up of high risk audit, regulatory and own outstanding actions, advising relevant stakeholders on operational risks associated with projects or products.
Within the CORM Department you as Manager Staff/Expertise B-Non Financial Risk will be responsible for a number of activities. These include amongst others:
- The Functional Steering of the ORM heads (4) within the IBSS entities Bratislava, Bucharest, Katowice and Bucharest.
- Advise and challenge the IBSS NL Board with respect to the implementation and execution of the ORM Framework within the IBSS entities.
- Functional Steering of the 2 ORM Global ORM Risk HUBs teams in the IBSS entities of Manila and Bucharest. These teams will grow to respectively 12 and 15 FTE by YE2018, and execute variety on global ORM services including iRisk SPOC role and second line monitoring.
- Act as Centre of Excellence (CoE) for the centralized global ORM services provided by the ORM Risk HUBs. The CoE role will encompass the definition and maintenance of Global Processes, but also the Service Level Management role towards business units serviced.
- Manage and coordinate the SOX activities executed by the CORM department. This includes acting as CoE within the worldwide ORM organization for SOX activities, the functional steering of the execution of the SOX second line monitoring activities, and the reporting of the test result to stakeholders (a/o Risk & Control Management within Group Finance). Furthermore you will advise the Head of NFR with respect to the annual sign off of SOX Statement and improvement actions that should be taken.
- As CoE for iRisk within the ORM organization you will be coordinating the iRisk user board within the NFR community. As such you will identify, describe and discuss the functionality requirements for the iRisk system with relevant stakeholders, and collaborate within the iRisk team in the Risk COO department on the implementation of these.
Furthermore, you adhere to the ING values and it is evident for you that your behaviour is fully aligned with these values. You are also prepared to take the Banker's Oath. For more information, please visit http://www.ing.jobs/Netherlands/Why-ING/This-is-ING-too/ING-Values.htm
Your work environment
You will be operating in a challenging international environment whereby you will be functionally managing a team of operational risk professionals. As such you will have contacts with Management of the Bank and its entities, regulators, and other relevant authorities. Travelling is required in this position.
What we are looking for
- Good judgment
- Team leadership
- Learning agility
- Experience as senior manager with at least 10 years in risk areas that are relevant for Operational Risk Management
- Knowledge of Banking business, processes, procedures and systems.
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to work across both functional and geographical lines
- Strong ability to earn trust and respect of clients, colleagues and senior management
- Experience both at head office level (policy setting, monitoring) as well as network or operating unit level (close to clients and actual transactions)
- Ability to be firm when needed and show flexibility when possible
- Excellent analytical skills and sound judgment
- Experience in leading and managing high value specialists and a proven record in developing talents
- University Degree or equivalent
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
What do we offer?
- 36/40 hours
- Job grade: FG13/14