Financial Controller COO Domain
- Den Helder, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
- Self Employed, Full time
- 19 Mar 19
Financial Controller COO Domain
Finance Controller in COO Domain
Team up with ING, a leading international bank at the forefront of technology innovation and digitalization within the industry. Change, renewal and transformation has been our DNA with one single goal to deliver the best customer experience. Finance is about supporting that change process and innovative culture, accomplished by hiring quality individuals with integrity, personal accountability, teamwork, commitment to excellence, and proactive thinking. If you exemplify our values and want to be part of something big, contact us today.
Who are we looking for
Are you the person who wants your work to have impact at a C-Suite level? We are looking for a skilled, passionate and driven professional in finance to perform the control and advice role in the COO domain, specifically in Planning & Advice Operations. The team is responsible for supporting and advising senior management of the COO domain from a financial point of view. The team consists of c. 8-9 Finance professionals, all with their own expertise and generally with a few years of experience at various levels of the organization. We need to closely work together, be flexible and agile in order to adapt to the changing environment and priorities. Ownership of responsibilities and quality control are clearly embedded within the culture of the department. To be successful, you must be a strong communicator, highly analytical and have a strong passion for analytics, setting high standards, and razor-sharp accuracy.
Knowledge & Experience
In this position we are looking for a finance professional, a strategic thinker and at the same time hands-on skilled person. Experience with financial modelling, forecasting and complex financial analysis would be a real asset. You will benefit from a Master degree in Finance. As significant investments are and will be made in the COO domain, a proven experience in working in an industry where investments in change projects are common and there is an established management and reporting process of those would be very beneficial.
Having the right behavior and attitude , is as important as having the knowledge and experience. Being a go-getter and self-starter are key to be successful in this role. You have a relentless drive for accurate reporting, providing valuable insights
- You can prepare detailed analysis and derive insights
- You work structural and you are process oriented, though have a pragmatic approach in removing roadblocks and opening bottlenecks;
- You are an independent operator but with great empathy skills to connect to the team and various stakeholders
- You are a clear and assertive communicator
- You are passionate about producing financial analysis enabling management to make breakthrough decisions
- You are skilled and experienced in working with Financial reporting systems (Smart, MASS, MISOB, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills: able to understand complex matters quickly and being able to translate the insights into advice
- Excellent Excel and Power Point skills
- Fluent speaking and writing skills in English
- You adhere to the ING values and it is evident for you that your behavior is fully aligned with these values. You are also prepared to take the Banker's Oath. For more information, please visit http://www.ing.jobs/Netherlands/Why-ING/This-is-ING-too/ING-Values.htm
Description of activities
- Financial Control oversight:
- Ensure strong control of the budget and accurate reporting of actuals
- Develop robust budget and forecast
- Finance Advice:
- Lead preparation and delivery of financials to senior executive management on a regular basis
- Provide insights and advice on the development of financials
- Analyze the cost drivers and derive insights by looking at the trends
- Challenge the level of ambition of the departments
- Analyze deviation from the plan and propose corrective actions if financials not on track
- Business cases:
- Support in developing business cases and investment proposals (to be presented in the Change Investment Committee)
- Be the owner of the financial business model (including updates, monitoring & tracking)
Master degree in Economics, Finance, Business Administration
What we offer
An impactful career within an international environment that offers you every opportunity to get the best out of yourself and grow personally and professionally to the next level to closer to your dreams.
A salary that matches your ambitions, plus a 13th month.
40 hours per week
If the above appeals to you and if you are eager to contribute to turning our customers dreams into reality, we are looking forward to meeting with you and finding out which role suits you best.
Apply directly online, click on Apply for this job. Please send your CV and motivation. We are looking forward to your application! For more information please contact Kamila Falana ( email@example.com )