Financial Control Officer Group Finance
- Den Helder, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
- Self Employed, Full time
- 22 Mar 19
Financial Control Officer Group Finance
Your Work Environment
Group Finance/ Reporting Control Management is the corporate staff department responsible for the Internal Control over Financial Reporting. In this capacity the team is the linking pin between the Group Finance and the other corporate departments, local ING entities and shared service centers. This includes maintaining the day-to-day relationship with the local finance control officers and taking the ownership for implementing the requirements leading to a sound internal control over global reporting processes. This is a dynamic environment as requirements in financial and regulatory environment are continuously increasing. The department supports internal stakeholders within Group Finance by ensuring that the processes, controls and their testing is performed in line with the internal and external reporting requirements. Further internal stakeholders are non-financial risk departments, enterprise risk management business representatives, internal and external auditors. The RCM team has a dynamic culture, characterised by open, direct and informal communication, with a focus on team work.
As a Finance Control Officer, you are responsible for identifying and (helping) eliminating reporting risks and increasing control awareness within Corporate Department Group Finance. You are strongly result-oriented and you have a sound knowledge and experience. You are capable of approaching issues from a 'helicopter' perspective but can also handle issues in detail when necessary. You are independent, like to work on multiple tasks and dare to speak out. In your role you will deal on a daily basis with the Senior Stakeholders such as ING Group Controller.
Your most important tasks will include: -
- Coordinate SOx404 activities for Corporate Department Group Finance and related base entity ING Bank holding, including preparing and facilitating interim and year-end sign-offs with the General Manager of Group Finance being the ING Group Controller;
- Coordination of all ICFR activities throughout the year, including:
- scoping and risk assessment for the Financial Statement Closing Process;
- monitoring / facilitation of process walkthroughs led by Process owners;
- monitoring of (independence of) testing activities;
- preparation and facilitation of Interim and Year-End evaluations:
- prepare and organise the SOX404 Evaluation Team meeting
- coordinate preparation of the required documents, and pre-discussions by relevant stakeholders, as per mandatory SOX404 Evaluation Team meeting agenda:
- Coordination of year planning of SOX404 activities;
- Tabling SOX404 for the relevant boards and meetings to secure appropriate management awareness and involvement;
- Following up and chasing on agreed remediation actions, reporting on the progress to the next higher management level on request;
- Monitor finance and financial reporting related Internal Control Framework (ICF) developments ING wide and translate new policies and rules to apply within Group Finance;
- Close cooperation with many stakeholders being Group Finance Control/Process owners, Corporate ORM, as well as the external accountant.
Who are we looking for, your profile & competencies:
You have a hands-on approach and a healthy dose of organisation sensitivity. You are convincing in your work and critical (in a positive sense) of your own performance and that of others. You are a very quick learner, a superb team player, have a strong focus on stakeholders, supported by excellent collaboration skills.
In addition, you have:
- Minimum 5+ years of accounting (BIG 4 experience is a plus), internal audit or operational risk management experience.
- An understanding of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and the COSO 2013 internal controls framework.
- Knowledge of financial reporting processes and internal control frameworks.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, project management skills with demonstrated proficiency in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong English written and oral communication skills with proven success in influencing business decisions.
- Strong and strategic thought leadership to identify business needs and provide efficient and practical solutions.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships and collaborate across a cross-functional team and influence senior leaders.
- Strong team player, self-starter and motivator, capable of working independently with minimal supervision.
- Successful candidate will be results focused, with high energy, flexible and with good work prioritization skills.
- An bachelor degree in Accounting/Auditing/Finance/Risk at minimum. CPA (RA/RE/RC) /CIA/CISA/higher degree in Risk Management is preferred.
- Furthermore, you adhere to the ING values and it is evident for you that your behavior is fully aligned with the Orange Code.
Apply directly online, click on Apply for this job. For further inquiries, please contact Tamara.firstname.lastname@example.org . Please send your CV and motivation. We are looking forward to your application! For more information on vacancies please check www.ING.nl/carriere