Co-Founder / Director - Real Estate Search
VP - Fund Accounting for a global real estate investor. Amsterdam based.
Our client is a global real estate investor with a significant portfolio of assets in Europe which continues to grow.
As part of their expansion they are hiring a Vice President to manage and grow the fund accounting function for the European business.
- Accurate US GAAP financial reporting of private real estate Funds and/or Separate Accounts
- Reviewing all aspects of the financial operations of the UK Fund(s) and Separate Account(s)
- Preparing UK Fund(s) and Separate Account(s) quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements
- Reviewing UK and Europe third-party property manager’s quarterly reports for each vehicle as well as their year-end property reconciliation billings and fee billings charged to assigned Fund/Separate Account.
- Assisting US-based Portfolio Accountants with properties located in the UK and Europe within their US Fund/Separate Account vehicles
- Overseeing annual external audit and tax returns, ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Reviewing VAT filings for all Cabot legal entities domiciled in the UK and Europe
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly cash forecasting reports for each vehicle
- Assisting in establishing and maintaining best practice cash management for each UK vehicle, ensuring compliance with UK and European banking requirements.
- Overseeing the third-party administrators in the UK and Europe.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, 7-10 years of experience in Property Management Accounting and Portfolio reporting, and Property Management software experience
- Prior preparation of Consolidated Financial Statements
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook)
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with all members of the organization
- Self-motivated, high attention to detail, ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- High level of professionalism and demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality as required and appropriate
- Dutch, German or Spanish language skills preferable
A full job specification is available.