WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
IMC is a leading global market maker using algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities across multiple trading venues worldwide. From our offices in Amsterdam, Chicago and Sydney, we provide liquidity to the financial markets, driving efficiencies for buyers and sellers. WHAT YOU WILL DO
The role of a Trading Engineer is a critical role at the heart of our complex environment, where many components interface and manage a high volume data flow over a low latency infrastructure to execute our trading strategies.
As a Trading Engineer, you and your team work closely with our traders. Making sure that we can release daily in a safe and controlled manner is a crucial part of the role as well as ensuring high availability, stability and performance.
You will be troubleshooting along the way but more importantly, you will solve the root cause of problems in a structural way. This often involves creating new solutions using the latest open source technologies and implementing them.
Besides working closely with traders you will also engage with a wide range of technologists such as developers, systems engineers, network engineers and performance engineers. This role is an excellent place to start a career at IMC as you get exposure to many parts of our business and can make a big impact! Things you do:
WHO YOU ARE:
- Provide continuity and stability to the production environment.
- Provide quick response to production issues as well as create sustainable solutions to help eliminate downtime, thereby ensuring high availability and performance of our trading platform.
- Coordinate, prioritize and plan the changes to our trading software thereby ensuring smooth exchange migrations and quick time to market for new features and software.
- Contribute towards improving the trading strategy as well as the trading infrastructure.
- Translate trading requests into concrete technical requirements, work with focus teams to create innovative solutions and finally implement those solutions in order to enhance our systems and processes.
WHAT MAKES IT FUN:
- You have at least 3 years of work experience and are looking for a place where you can grow
- You have a bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- You love to problem solve and troubleshoot. You have a passion for technology. You enjoy dynamic roles.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with Linux operating system
- Strong command of bash and/or Python scripting
- Experience with database querying
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP protocols
- Experience with Kubernetes is considered a big plus
- Experience with various ways to deploy Java applications as well as a good understanding of JVM is considered a big plus
- You are interested in learning about trading as well as continually improving your technical abilities
IMC: JOIN THE LEADER IN GLOBAL MARKET MAKING
- IMC is on the cutting edge of financial applications, processing terabytes of data daily for mission-critical trading.
- You work directly with leading third-party technology providers and some of the world's largest exchanges.
- We always aim to use the right tools for the trade, regardless of hype. If something new can potentially bring an advantage we will often try, adopt and incorporate that new technology.
- In this role you interact with traders and a wide range of technologists such as developers, systems engineers, network engineers and performance engineers.
- The landscape is always changing creating new and exciting challenges.
- We really believe in sharing knowledge and technology between the different teams and offices.
- Working at IMC is a great way to gain exposure to and learn about financial markets and technology. We know from experience that a lot of people really enjoy learning about a field beyond their immediate area of expertise, it's one of the things that makes this job more interesting than others.
IMC is a leading global market maker with offices in Europe, the US and Asia-Pacific. We use algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities across multiple trading venues. Our vital role, at the centre of the financial markets, provides liquidity for buyers and sellers worldwide.
In the late 1980s, IMC quickly identified the importance of technology in the fast-evolving trading environment. Our passion for innovation continues to drive us today. Although our company has grown rapidly over recent decades, we still approach our work with the same entrepreneurial spirit, with an emphasis on continuous improvement and innovation. We like our people to think for themselves and we give them the responsibility and support they need to make an impact. This means real work as well as dedicated training programmes and mentors.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun - whether solving complex challenges or taking part in team-building, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute to a better society through our foundation.