Sr Software Developer
We are seeking an experienced and knowledgeable CMDB Software Developer to work in the Asset and Configuration Management Team. This position will be responsible developing and customising CMDB and Asset related components of the ServiceNow platform. Including new discovery probes and sensors and horizontal patterns, API integrations inbound and outbound, developing complex business rules, script includes, new workflows and associated scripting. Additionally, the position has responsibility for release management during ServiceNow patching and update cycles. The successful candidate will need to quickly take on a role of responsibility, will have the interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with peers and stakeholders and will have the confidence and knowledge to asses and analyse our current position and provide solutions to improve and expand the service we provide to ITSM, IT and Product Stakeholders. Duties & accountabilities
Education, experience and skills
- ServiceNow CMDB development of new discovery solutions based on high level requirements from Stakeholders, to include scoping, development, release management, documentation and ongoing support.
- Development of workflows and scripting to implement Asset and Configuration Management processes.
- Analysis and management of ServiceNow patching cycles and updates specific to CMDB and SAM Professional related tables and resources.
- Manage continuous improvement efforts to bring value to a rapidly changing Infrastructure environment.
- Work closely with Asset and Configuration Management leads to implement new strategies utilizing the ServiceNow Platform.
- Work closely with Infrastructure technical leads in both the Operational and Architectural/Engineering scopes to understand requirements and drive development of the CMDB.
- Day to day support of existing development customisations.
- Minimum 2 years hands-on recent experience DEVELOPING within the ServiceNow Platform
- Minimum 3 years with hands-on experience utilizing various components of the ServiceNow Platform
- Considerable knowledge of IT Infrastructure, Operating Systems and databases.
- Understanding of the service provided by the Asset and Configuration Management function, its values and deliverables
- Proven ServiceNow platform experience (Jakarta through London) including a sound understanding of CMDB dependencies and Hardware and Software Asset Management.
- Hands-On experience of creating and improving Discovery with traditional Probes/Sensor and horizontal patterns.
- Experience of outbound and inbound API integrations, strong REST skills.
- Strong understanding of SDLC principles with the ability to own the release and testing processes followed by the Asset and Configuration Management team.
- Effective software design techniques for delivering maintainable, testable and scalable solutions.
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems, specifically WMI queries, Linux command line and shell operations.
- Knowledge of Oracle, MS SQL and other database technologies, with an emphasis on SQL to the level of being able to create moderately complex queries.
- Technical experience with AWS and other public cloud offerings, at least to a level where the candidate can bring value to strategic decisions and planning where CMDB fits with Cloud Infrastructures.
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.