Software Developer & Team Lead
Here at Booking.com, we experiment at remarkable speeds. Sometimes, we fail just as fast. But that's okay. We have over 150 small, agile tech teams with diverse skills and broad experience, who innovate incredibly quickly. As a result, our website is the best place to book hotels and other accommodation in the world.
We believe that diversity makes us stronger - with over 80 different nationalities in the technology department alone, you will be able to absorb new skills and develop your career in a multicultural environment.
So as a Booking.com team lead, you'll need to be a technical expert with a talent for guiding, supporting and motivating other technical experts. You'll put others first, lead by example and go the extra mile. You'll encourage inclusion, welcome diversity, and you'll thrive on change.
- Facilitate an agile development team (small team of 5 - 7 people)
- Identify and support growth of talents, provide feedback and look after people's personal development
- Assess individual and team performance, recognize and promote excellent performance, and address under-performance
- Focus on supporting the business priorities, be pragmatic about technology choices
- Collaborate with the team and Product Owner to prioritize the projects
- Rapidly develop next-generation scalable, flexible, and high-performance systems
- Tackle issues with the site and internal systems, prioritizing based on customer impact
- Contribute to Booking.com's growth through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts
- Successful track record of leading development teams and managing people, with at least one year in a leadership role
- Minimum of 4 years software development experience; using 2 or more server side programming languages
- Previous experience with distributed systems
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and influencing skills
- Experience of working on products that impact a large customer base is an advantage
- Preferably a university degree in Mathematics or Software Engineering
- Living and working in Amsterdam, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe
- Contributing to a high-scale, complex, world-renowned product and seeing real-time impact of your work on millions of travelers worldwide
- Working in a dynamic and performance-driven culture
- Promoting and driving impactful and creative engineering solutions
- Technical, behavioral, and interpersonal competence advancement via on-the-job opportunities, experimental projects, hackathons, conferences and active community participation
- Competitive compensation and benefits package, and some great added perks of working in the home city of Booking.com
This position is open to worldwide candidates and, in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam.
Please apply via our website with your English CV
. We are looking forward to hearing from you!