The RFP team is responsible for the completion of RFP’s and other questionnaires for investment consultants, prospects and clients as part of the new business process in the EMEA and APAC regions. We are looking for a Senior RFP Writer to join the EMEA team. Demonstrating an exceptional work ethic, the successful candidate will liaise closely with multiple departments and stakeholders throughout Northern Trust to co-ordinate and project manage all requests whilst developing a thorough knowledge of the company’s products, strategies, structure and unique selling points to add value to the RFP production process.
**The role could be domiciled within our London, Amsterdam or Dublin offices so we are searching for candidates within those three markets **
• Prepare standard and complex RFPs, RFIs, Consultant Questionnaires and Due Diligence Questionnaires (DDQs) with an understanding of regional client/prospect requirements.
• Ability to create responses by customising standard responses and adding value by tailoring answers specific to the opportunity within required timeframes.
• Work with various business areas to review and appraise content for use within RFPs.
• Work on multiple deadlines concurrently.
• Be point of reference/training for less experienced team members.
• Maintain standard answer database on a timely basis.
• Maintain Consultant Databases if and when required.
The successful candidate will have:
• Previous Asset Management and financial markets industry experience.
• Marketing, communications or RFP experience within Asset Management.
• Investment Management Certificate (IMC) desirable or willing to work towards
• Strong knowledge of general asset management topics (e.g. differences between active and passive management).
• Analytical skills, strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills.
• Proficiency within Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
• Proactive learner with strong intellectual curiosity.
• Proficiency with statistical information and ability to interpret financial data.
• Ability to demonstrate a sense of urgency and initiative when responding to short deadlines.
• Good interpersonal skills, with a professional demeanour and a team player approach.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
• Experience across multiple asset classes especially equities and fixed income.
• Prior exposure to RFP Software preferred (Qvidian)
• Excellent organisation skills, able to manage multiple tasks at once.
The competencies that would be valuable for this role include:
• Excellence in execution
• Excellence in Communication
• Time management skills
• Analytical skills
• High ethical standards
• Team based approach
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
As of December 31, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
$10.1 trillion in assets under custody/administration
$7.6 trillion in assets under custody
$1.1 trillion in assets under management
$132 billion in banking assets