Senior Quantitative Risk Analyst (Economic Capital) - Amsterdam
At a glance
ABN AMRO Risk modelling is searching for Senior Quantitative Risk Analysts (Economic Capital) that make the difference by designing models and innovative sophisticated solutions for Economic Capital in a team of accomplished professionals. Are you interested in further developing your expertise in applying new techniques in state of the art models? What is your next step?
Pursue your objectives and continue to grow professionally as well as personally. Tell us your story. We want to hear it! Your job
As a Senior Quantitative Risk Analyst (Economic Capital) you make the difference by designing models and innovative sophisticated solutions in a team of accomplished professionals. You deepen your expertise in applying new techniques in state of the art models. Your work with the model owners and the business to understand their needs and decide on the appropriate modelling techniques, develop, implement, evaluate and improve the models and provide training to the model users. You are expected to contribute significantly to the success of your team, including the technical and non-technical coaching of the less experience members, and to innovations within modelling. Your working environment
ABN AMRO Risk Modelling is a diverse international team of more than 90 professionals. We are responsible for the development of quantitative risk models that inform the bank in its daily decisions, from the pricing of deals and granting of customer credits to setting and monitoring risk limits and determining the capital requirements. At Risk Modelling, we believe we are a vanguard for innovation and pay ample attention to recent developments in advanced analytics and machine learning in the belief that these techniques may improve the effectiveness and efficiency of risk management and our understanding of our clients and products. We maintain an open atmosphere, with intellectually stimulating discussions on whiteboards, wherein mutual feedback supports our continuous personal growth. Your profile
We are looking for pro-active quantitative modellers who are excellent team players and able to work independently and under pressure. Do you think you fit this profile? Check the required qualifications:
• an MSc or preferably a PhD in the field of econometrics, mathematics or physics
• broad experience in financial institutions in one or more of the modelling areas: markets, counterparty risk, ALM and Economic Capital modelling.
• given the international diversity of the team, fluency in written and spoken English is a must.
• at least 4 year (medior) to 8+ years (senior) of work experience in financial institutions in one or more of the modelling areas: Markets, ALM, or Economic Capital.
• familiar with techniques like high performance Monte-Carlo simulation techniques, stochastic calculus, Kalman filtering, pricing and machine learning,
• ample programming knowledge and experience with scientific computing in Python (numpy, scipy, scikit-learn); experience with Matlab, R, C++ and cloud computing is an advantange, What we offer
We are offering
- The opportunity to be the best you can be, work flexible hours and lots of room to grow both personally and professionally
- The opportunity to pro-actively work on your vitality and fitness
- A supplementary benefit budget of 11%, which you can spend on additional fringe benefits
- A personal development budget of EUR 1.000 per year
- An annual public transportation pass or travel budget, depending on the function
- A solid pension plan
- An intellectually stimulating working environment
- Challenging work on complex and advanced quantitative problems
- A wide range of training opportunities, development and the possibility to gain experience in all areas of risk modelling