Senior Compliance Officer - Amsterdam
- Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
- Permanent, Full time
- ABN AMRO Bank
- 24 May 19
Senior Compliance Officer - Amsterdam
At a glance
Do you have a strong track record and expertise in Compliance in an Commercial Banking environment? Are you a trusted advisor to senior management on key compliance topics such as Conflicts of Interest, Market Abuse and Financial Crime?
New10 is a FinTech innovator and 100% subsidiary of ABN AMRO Bank N.V. The ambition of New10 is to set the new norm in business lending with a fully digital and flawless customer experience for small and medium enterprises. New10 operates on a stand-alone basis with a modern cloud-based system, a diverse team with 15+ nationalities and a work environment buzzing with tech and innovation.
As Senior Compliance Advisor, you will be part of the Compliance team that supports the bank's Commercial Banking (CB) business. The team provides guidance and advice on the full range of Compliance topics and monitors the business' adherence to the regulatory and policy requirements.
The position available in the team takes a lead role in connecting with NEW10 Management and work closely with them to continuously develop and improve the management of compliance risks. You will have a reporting line to the Head of Commercial Banking Compliance of ABN AMRO.
What do you see when you envision the next step? Work on achieving your goals and develop yourself professionally and personally. Tell us your story. We want to hear it!
- You will provide ad-hoc advice and guidance to the business (solicited or unsolicited) on the full range of compliance topics, including Conflicts of Interest, Duty of Care, Market Abuse, Personal Account Dealing, Cross Border Banking, Detecting Financial Crime etc.
- You will represent Compliance in New10 MT meetings and Committees.
- You will provide training and support to the business to continuously enhance awareness and understanding of compliance risks and regulations.
- You will guide and oversee the business in their execution of key risk management processes such as Risk & Control Self-Assessments, Control Monitoring & Testing, Systematic Integrity Risk Analysis (SIRA) and Change Risk Assessments, as it relates to compliance risks.
- You will prepare meaningful Compliance Risk reports for the business.
- You will continuously liaise with business stakeholders to ensure appropriate action is taken to address identified issues.
- You will be the owner of a number of Group Compliance policies and contribute actively to the development and maintenance of the wider set of Compliance policies.
- You will participate in various projects and working groups (virtual teams).
- You will be a coach and mentor for other team members and take a lead role in the further development of the team.
Your working environment
This role is a senior role in the CB Compliance team, a team of 18 professionals with a variety of backgrounds, skill sets and nationalities. The team works closely with other teams within the wider Compliance department, including the local Compliance teams in each of the countries where the bank is present. You will be seconded to New10.ABN AMRO's Compliance department has a common goal: helping to build the trust of our clients, society and ABN AMRO staff, and therefore of our regulators and other stakeholders. It is our attitude, skills and knowledge which are key in reaching our goal to contribute to trust in ABN AMRO.
Creating space for dreams and ambitions. Driven by passion, guided by expertise. That is the starting point in all that we think and do. This begins with a shared mind-set. Our compliance experts understand our business, products and clients and add value through a good relationship with all stakeholders. A continuous changing environment demands agility of our compliance experts: proactive adaptations, learning and improving. We operate independently and decisively, act as a sparring partner and are focused on solutions.
The Compliance department monitors, identifies, analyses, assesses, reports and advises on compliance risks to which the bank may be exposed. Compliance serves as the point of contact for regulators (AFM, DNB, etc.) in a number of areas, including Cybercrime, Customer Focus and preventing abuses of our financial system such as money laundering and terrorist financing.
You have excellent verbal and written communication skills (BOTH in English AND Dutch) and are used to interacting with senior management, also on the difficult topics. You enjoy working as part of a team and are good at working with others. You have a high level of self-knowledge and want to keep on developing and improving. You are change-orientated and like working in a sector that is constantly evolving. Finally, you have keen analytical skills enabling you to get to the heart of a problem quickly and draw the appropriate conclusions. You are able to put things into perspective.
- You have at minimum of 10 years work experience, of which at least 5 years in a Compliance relevant position in the financial services sector.
- You have a strong understanding of corporate and investment banking, lending solutions to SME Companies and digital sales & service.
- You have strong knowledge of relevant laws and regulations, including the Wft, MiFID II, MAD/MAR, Wwft and various EBA guidelines.
- You have the ability to identify and clearly explain regulatory compliance risks.
- You have a Master's degree in Business, Law or other relevant field.
- You are fluent in English and in Dutch.
- You thrive in a dynamic environment characterised by an entrepreneurial spirit and innovation.
- You are a team player and contribute actively to the development of other team members.
What we offer
Within ABN AMRO Compliance we invest in such a manner that everyone is able to demonstrate strong personal leadership skills. We accept that we have a formal hierarchical structure whilst simultaneously adopting an informal way of working that focuses on expertise and cooperation. We invest in expertise by offering training sessions and "on the job" coaching. By 'expertise', we mean both professional compliance-based knowledge and the skills needed to apply that knowledge effectively.
This role comes with a market-competitive salary package, complemented with all the secondary benefits that a leading employer such as ABN AMRO has to offer.
- The opportunity to be the best you can be, work flexible hours and lots of room to grow both personally and professionally
- The opportunity to pro-actively work on your vitality and fitness
- Market-conform Salary
- Substantial education budget and a public transportation card
- A large responsibility and the freedom to do your job
- A well-equipped office, and all required facilities to do your job
- Possibility of joining the training program at our very own IT Academy (only for junior applicants)
- Room to visit (tech-related) seminars
- Required investments to boost your personal skills
- A client base of +/- 5mio users for you to make an impact on