Senior Compliance Officer
- Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
- Permanent, Full time
- Citco Fund Services.
- 30 Apr 19
Citco Group is currently looking for a Senior Compliance Officer to join the team in Amsterdam.
Senior Compliance Officer (Governance Services division)
Since the 1940s, Citco has provided specialist financial services to alternative investment funds, investors, multinationals and private clients worldwide. With over 6,000 employees in 45 countries, we pioneer innovative solutions that meet our clients’ evolving needs, and deliver exceptional service. Our continuous investment in learning means our people are among the best in the industry. In addition, our corporate social responsibility programs provide meaningful and fulfilling work in the community. A career at Citco is not just a job – it is an opportunity to excel in an environment that genuinely supports your personal and professional development.
About the Role:
The role will be part of the global Group Compliance function. You will have a particular focus on our activities in the Netherlands within the Governance Services division. You will execute the activities described within the annual compliance plan(s). These activities include monitoring, regulatory advice, training and reporting. You will report to the Executive Vice President Compliance and will work within in a team of Compliance Officers with differing levels of experience.
Job Duties in Brief:
- Work with fellow Compliance Officers in the Netherlands, advising the business on compliance matters, creating and implementing the compliance plans and training staff on compliance topics;
- Identify, assess and manage the compliance risks relating to mainly to our Dutch Governance Services activities;
- Build and maintain a constructive and professional relationship with the relevant Management Boards and other relevant stakeholders (other second and third line functions such as risk management, legal, tax, internal and external audit, etc.);
- Give advice and support to staff on compliance related matters such as AML and KYC, tax integrity, data protection and confidentiality, outsourcing organization, corporate governance;
- Analyze transaction alert reports and report as appropriate;
- Writing policies, keeping them up to date with new developments and reviewing on a regular basis;
- Undertake monitoring reviews (compliance checks and controls);
- Drafting of compliance reports;
- Participate in communication with the Dutch regulator(s);
- Providing training and or arranging for training to employees regarding compliance policies, legislation and procedures;
- Provide guidance and mentorship to other colleagues within the Group Compliance function or the local team;
- Assist and develop compliance oversight of outsourcing arrangements.
- University degree in Law or related discipline;
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in the Dutch financial or public sector;
- Strong knowledge of the Dutch legal and regulatory environment (in particular knowledge of the Wet toezicht trustkantoren 2018 , de Wet ter voorkoming van witwassen en het financieren van terrorisme en de Sanctiewet 1977 );
- Strong analytical, research and reporting skills;
- Excellent communication skills in English and Dutch (written & oral);
- Compliance monitoring experience will be a plus;
- Pro-active and result driven;
- Developing good working relationships.
What We Offer:
- A challenging and rewarding role in a dynamic and global Compliance team;
- Be part of a Banking, Fund and Governance Services leading player with worldwide presence;
- Ample opportunities for personal and professional career development (training/education);
- Friendly and informal working environment;
- A highly competitive salary;
- A full package of secondary employment benefits.