Security Product Manager Account Security
- Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Apr 19
Security Product Manager Account Security
Product Manager - Account Security
Booking.com is a global organization who makes the best trip experiences possible for everyone. When we think about the trip, there is a suite of products which cover everything from discovering unique experiences to making them happen ( accommodation, transport, food, attractions, etc.). A central concept which enables these global experiences to happen is the customer & partner account, attacks on these accounts present a daily risk.
As a Product Manager Account Security, you will participate in the defense of one of the world's leading e-commerce organizations, their customers and their partners.
You're ultimately responsible for driving the vision of how we secure our customer & partner accounts and how we drive and implement security controls with minimal friction.
In this role, you work closely with your team and empower them to develop and improve Booking.com's customer & partner account security posture. You prioritize work by looking at the threats and attacker techniques; the new products and initiatives implemented across the business. You work closely with the Identity and Access Management team, fraud teams, the security operational teams and other business teams including but not limited to Legal, Risk & Compliance, and product, incorporating their feedback to deliver a secure and frictionless user experience.
You have a solid understanding of concepts relating to the accounts & security landscape within the scope of prevention, detection and response (e.g. access control, verification, credential stuffing, phishing, account takeover) as well as experience assessing priority and impact of solutions based on risk.
You're a team player, with a bottom-up approach to developing concepts and products and have experience in working with teams of engineers. You are good at managing various aspects of a complex project rollout and working with various stakeholders in ensuring successful delivery. You're creative, and always ready to adjust your strategy based on the evolution of account security threats and business strategy.
If you bring that unique combination of skills and want to help protect the world's leading online travel agency, don't hesitate to apply!
- Own the long-term vision of account security at Booking.com, inspire the team to achieve the vision by sharing your message effectively.
- Engage with customers, partners and internal stakeholders.
- Guide the development of security solutions, innovate, and think outside of the box
- Use data (threat analysis, threat intelligence, incidents and testing) to make informed decisions about what the team should work on next, analyze how it is implemented and what the results are.
- Develop and prioritize the backlog
- Because your opinion is data-driven, you will define key business and success metrics, track them, and improve upon them.
- Empower and collaborate with your team to unlock their full potential.
Who you are:
Be humble. Be yourself.
- Data-driven. Base your decisions on facts rather than opinions.
- A go-getter who isn't afraid to get their hands dirty and dives into a project to achieve success by problem-solving.
- Open-minded team player with excellent communication skills.
- Agile and innovative with the tenacity to thrive in a constantly changing environment.
- Self-motivated and results-driven with a take-charge attitude to manage the full development cycle of new features.
- Friendly, knowledgeable, and motivational to others. Open to diversity in all shapes and sizes.
- A user-focused individual who keeps the customer at the heart of everything we do, while having strong commercial awareness.
- 3+ years experience as a Product Manager / Owner
- Experience working with teams of engineers and security analysts
- Experience using data to make informed decisions and the ability to formulate and interpret meaningful business metrics
- Strong communication and presentation skills, the ability to summarize complex and technical topics to a wide range of audiences.
- Experience with using kill-chains, attack path mapping and security frameworks (E.g. NIST)
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
- (Preferred) Experience with working in an Agile/Scrum team
- (Preferred) Knowledge around using machine learning to combat Account Takeover / Fraud
What's in it for you?
The Product Manager position is open to candidates worldwide. We provide assistance for you and your family with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam. We have successfully relocated 300+ technology professionals to Amsterdam in the last year.
- Headquarters located in one of the most vibrant cities in Europe: Amsterdam
- Performance-based company that offers 26 vacation days, career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential.
- Training, regular hackathons and opportunities to travel and attend global conferences.
- Discount on Booking.com accommodations with the "Booking Deal" including other perks and benefits.
- Company-sponsored family and social activities to help our employees become integrated with each other and Dutch culture.
- Diverse, unique colleagues from every corner of the world.
Keywords: Product Manager Security, Product Owner, Identity & Access Management, IAM, User accounts, 2FA, Account Takeover, OWASP, Customer Fraud, Phishing, Credential stuffing, Fraud