Sales Trader Russian
- Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
- Permanent, Full time
- ACT Commodities
- 01 May 19
Looking for a Sales & Trading position in Amsterdam where you can boost your sales talent? Is your personality best described as ambitious, commercial and are you curious about the combination of sales and global commodity trading? Are you eager enough to pick up the phone and build your own client portfolio?
Sales Traders are the beating heart of our business. Ambitious, innovative and team oriented, these highly valued employees are intelligent professionals with a commercial skillset and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Our work is about understanding a complex and dynamic marketplace where changing legislation, product availability and client requirements add up to opportunities for making trades that benefit all parties. As an ACT Commodities Sales Trader, you get to do it all, from building client relationships to identifying and sourcing suitable products, negotiating the terms and closing the deals.
If you’re good at keeping your eye on the ball, seizing opportunities, and enjoy the challenges of matchmaking products, business requirements, legislative stipulation, logistics, and finances, then becoming an ACT Commodities Sales Trader could be the rewarding career you’ve been looking for.
Positive, personable work environment
Sales trading is a people-oriented profession. Unlike screen trading, which mainly entails clever number-crunching to try to outwit the market, sales trading is about nurturing client relationships. At ACT Commodities, our job is to realize mutually beneficial deals in tangible commodities and products that businesses actually use.
We capitalize on a social and collaborative working environment that inspires each individual to excel. ACT Sales Traders operate as an energetic team that thrives within a culture of trust, honesty and sharing. Our ability to pull together is a key company strength.
- native speaker of Russian and fluent in English
- bachelor’s/Master's degree, preferably in Business Economics or Finance
- 0-3 years’ experience in a sales trading or brokerage / account management role
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong numerical skills
- ability to handle constructive criticism and not afraid to fail and try again
- aptitude for taking initiative, a commercial and creative mind with an entrepreneurial attitude
- relocation to Amsterdam (if necessary)
Compensation & benefits
We provide all the product knowledge and training necessary to become a successful Sales Trader. New employees undergo an on-the-job traineeship program which develops the relevant skills and expertise in a real-life environment.
- build up your own business and client portfolio within our enthusiastic and entrepreneurial team, consisting of more than 30 nationalities;
- stimulating working environment with a lot of opportunities;
- work in the world’s fastest growing and most dynamic commodity markets;
- incentives when company targets are reached, such as dinners, activities and events;
- comprehensive on-the-job training to develop the necessary commercial trading skills;
- coaching sessions are offered on a weekly basis;
- competitive salary and performance bonus;
- well located office in the financial hub of the Netherlands (walking distance from train station);
- friday afternoon drinks in our in-house bar and external locations.