- Location: Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
- Salary: competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Northern Trust is a growth period and we are looking to add Strategic Sales talent to our (already strong) team. The successful candidate will join Northern Trust’s EMEA sales division and will be dedicated to successfully winning major global custody, fund servicing, investment operations outsourcing and capital market business for traditional asset managers and asset owner prospects based in the Netherlands and growing our business from these clients. The successful candidate would focus specifically on selling solutions to the Dutch market and would continue to develop our strategy for the region.
This business development role will be responsible for raising the profile of Northern Trust in the target market above and generating sales. The role is strategic and commercially critical and the successful sales person will be happy to achieve a target of $4m in sales revenue annually, if not to exceed.
The role has two components – sales and marketing and the responsibilities include:
- Presenting the bank’s full range of multi- product capabilities – including global custody, fund servicing, investment operations outsourcing (full and or component), pensions, insurance, traditional and alternative asset management and all associated cross sell services
- Identifying and building a pipeline of significant prospect opportunities with primary focus being applied to profitable sales opportunities with annualised income of greater than $250k per annum
- Creating and leading deal teams to work on complex and sometimes multi-faceted technical and relationship-orientated sales
- Working closely with senior management, local relationship management, operational and product teams throughout each prospect sale
- Converting prospects into significant revenue generating clients
- Cross-selling the bank’s other products, services and capabilities to prospective clients – including FX, transition management , brokerage, asset management and securities lending
- Working closely with Product Development staff and the Netherlands and other servicing centres to co-ordinate the development and promotion of product lines and capabilities.
- Promoting the bank’ capabilities as the ‘industry expert’ through round tables, conferences, media and hospitality events
- Writing or assisting in the writing of articles, editorials and product features about the bank’s capabilities for investment managers
- Providing input and direction in respect of product-specific and strategic marketing materials
- Liaising with consultants, centres of influence and the investment community to promote the bank’s name and products in the Netherlands, EMEA and Globally
- Networking through industry contacts and events.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Good examples of closing profitable mandates with annualised income in excess of $250k
- Experience gained in a senior sales position within an Asset Servicing provider and/or systems integrator data provider
- An excellent network of established contacts in some/all of the target region - Netherlands and Belgium
- Experience engaging at CXO level
- Knowledge of the European regulatory environment and issues facing the industry
The competencies we will be assessing for include;
- Presentation and communication skills
- Influencing skills
- Sales cycle management – origination to close
- Network development, internal and external
- Project management
- Stakeholder management