The Risk & Compliance Officer will be responsible for real-time risk measurement and market surveillance, as well as regulatory reporting, implementing policies and procedures and compliance monitoring, with additional projects such as process mapping and monitoring.
The role includes, but is not limited to:
• Identifying and addressing any risks relating, but not limited, to regulatory rules such as MAR, MIFID 2, rules of trading venues and internal firm based policies.
• Carry out, maintain and improve the firm’s suite of Risk and Compliance policies and procedures.
• Carry out, maintain and improve the firm’s Risk monitoring and Compliance Monitoring Programme.
• Provide day-to-day support to front and back office functions.
• Conducting daily analysis of automated surveillance alerts (Nasdaq Trade Surveillance is the primary tool).
• Active involvement in enhancing current surveillance controls and developing new surveillance tools, reports and procedures.
The successful candidate will need to be flexible and quick thinking with an eye for detail to manage the fast-paced trading environment and to have a positive impact within the role. The following skills are highly advantageous in the role:
• Understanding of options greek theory and position sensitivities.
• Understanding of VaR and other risk measurement frameworks.
• High proficiency in Excel and experience in VBA / Python programming.
• Strong work ethic and the ability to multi-task across both team oriented and individual projects.
• Confident problem solver with proven analytical ability who is comfortable analysing large data sets.
• Excellent communication skills with a strong attention to detail with an ability to influence without authority.
• Good knowledge of global, in particular European, financial regulation and exchange rulebooks.
• Good understanding anti-money laundering and counter terrorist financing legal requirements.
• Ability implement policies and procedures with an eye for constant development and improvement of existing processes.