Program Manager Sustainability
- Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Apr 19
Program Manager Sustainability
With a mission to empower people to experience the world, we want to help travelers explore and enjoy more than 125,000 unique destinations in every corner of the globe. We also seek to contribute to the ongoing health of these same destinations so that future generations can continue to enjoy them for years to come.
Booking.com, therefore, aims to implement a Sustainability Strategy that ensures the increase of sustainable travel for the upcoming 10 years.
The Program Manager is responsible for the program management of the Sustainability Strategy. This strategy aims to make sustainability a commitment that is shared by the whole business. The Program manager sustainability will drive, coordinate and deliver a plan to meet the agreed outcome within the separate workstreams. They monitor overall progress, resolve issues and initiate corrective action appropriate with key stakeholders. They ensure the implementation of the Sustainability strategy within the business and make sure all separate workstreams are aligned, deliver on agreed specifications, timescales, and budget whilst adhering internal control needs.
They work together and report to the Global Manager Sustainability to make sure that the rollout of the strategy is successful and fully integrated into the business.
- The role focuses on program management of the Sustainability Strategy
- Plans the rollout of the Sustainability Strategy, responsible for driving, coordinating and delivering the plan to meet agreed business outcomes.
- Leads, manages and inspires cross-functional Sustainability program and project teams to deliver, taking overall responsibility for planning and allocating resources required.
- Exercise leadership in the specific area of the program/project
- Develop and control deadlines, budgets, and activities
- Apply change, risk and resource management
- Assess program performance and aim to maximize ROI
- Works with Accountable Business Owners (ABO) to identify and manage complex inter-programme dependencies and the critical path relating to change activities taking place across BA, that may impact ongoing programme deadlines
- Resolve projects' higher scope issues
- Prepare reports for internal stakeholders
- Prepare communication about the progress and results for internal and external audiences
- Reaches agreement through flexibility and concession.
- Motivates and inspires others to perform to their best, recognizing and valuing their work and encouraging them to learn and reflect.
- Sets clear direction and expectations and enables others to interpret competing priorities.
- Manages complex and often unique issues creating relevant clarity in areas of ambiguity to force decisions.
- Challenges and offers recommendations to programme's benefits, business cases and return on investment
- Identifies impact and trade-offs within and outside the programme as appropriate.
- Is responsible to deliver an annual CSR report on the internal results and goals that is combined with the impact report that covers our external programs
- 8+ years of relevant working experience
- Affinity with Sustainability. Following the global trends and innovations.
- Strategic thinking and planning skills and is able to maintain a big picture overview and ensure alignment of programs/portfolio to business plan goals.
- Substantial track record of delivering significant change and benefits through Programme leadership in complex or challenging environments, impacting stakeholders across different business areas.
- Experience of setting and delivering to clear performance targets and measures.
- Experience of prioritizing requests and requirements to maximize delivery of business benefits.
- Experience of leading and motivating cross-functional and/or cross-departmental Program teams.
- Understands the organizational strategy and how that governs the portfolio of programs and the structures necessary to deliver the organizational objectives.