Payment Fraud Analyst
- Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Apr 19
Payment Fraud Analyst
Booking.com BV (the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online hotel reservation service in the world) is looking for a Payment Fraud Analyst . The goal of the Fraud Operations team is to proactively protect, prevent, detect and respond to fraudulent behavior. The team is responsible for managing security and fraud threats across the business operations globally. Continuous improvement on detection and response capabilities is key. The Fraud Operations team is part of the Security department within Technology.
We are seeking Payment Fraud Analysts who are motivated to take ownership for an array of actions to address incidents for which they are held accountable: Analysts investigate and resolve payment fraud cases from start to finish. Our ideal candidate is a highly motivated self-starter with a wide analytical skill set and extensive knowledge in the Payment and Fraud industry. You are able to run and optimize daily dispute and chargeback handling by analyzing big data sets. You are a top performer with capacity to communicate effectively from discussing with payment operations, and analysts, to translating your complex data-driven findings into business strategies with senior leaders.
- Perform Payment Fraud analyses to understand existing patterns and behavior
- Transform data into insights, to identify and quantify opportunities to reduce fraud and false positive into a positive business impact
- Develop, initiate, maintain, and revise automated strategies and approaches for Payment Fraud operations
- Understanding of daily dispute and chargeback handling process across payment providers
- Develop and provide reporting to management that highlights trends in refunds, chargebacks, chargeback wins, and fraud.
- Assist in the development of new tools for uses in fraud detection/prevention;
- Provide training and support to relevant stakeholders
- Contribute or lead other projects which reduce payment fraud related losses while maintaining focus on a positive customer experience;
- Contribute to Booking.com's growth through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts.
- At least 3 years of knowledge and experience in a high transaction Payment Fraud Operations
- Strong understanding of risk management in a card not present environment.
- Experience with third party Fraud Management Tools
- Ability to create, modify and execute SQL and Hadoop database queries to retrieve and analyze data
- Highly motivated and results-focused individual with solid business understanding.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
- Ability to prioritize incoming escalations and requests appropriately using clear communications;
- The capacity to adapt to our fast-paced environment while generating innovative solutions
- Great communication skills
- Hands-on mentality
- Fluent in English, writing and speaking.
- Currently living in the Netherlands or prepared to relocate to the Netherlands
- No 9-5 mentality;
- Knowledge of the travel industry is a plus;
- Experience with alternative payment methods is a plus;
This position is open to candidates worldwide and for the right candidates we provide Visa and Relocation assistance.
IT is the core of our business and we ensure that we give the best 'deal' possible, to our employees. Here is what you get:
- Living and working in Amsterdam, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real time impact of your work
- Working in a fast paced and performance driven culture
- Career Advancement via Online and On-the-job training, Hackathons, Conferences and active community participation
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and some great added perks of working in the home city of Booking.com