Flow Traders is looking for an ambitious Operation Specialist to strengthen the EMEA Risk team. This is a unique opportunity to join a leading proprietary trading firm with an entrepreneurial and innovative culture at the heart of its business. As an Operation Specialist, you will be part of a 10-people risk management team. We are looking for someone who understands operational risk frameworks, and is able to lead the improvement and maintenance of algorithmic trading controls and who can mitigate operational risk losses by challenging both historical and proposed practices.
We are a dynamic company, therefore we seek a proactive self-starter who enjoys the opportunity to greatly help shape operational risk management at Flow Traders.
What you will do
- Know your business: Together with the Operational Risk Team members, engage Trading, Technology and Business Support to get a deep understanding of the business landscape and their risk exposures
- Drive and embed Algorithmic Trading Controls:
- Contribute towards improvement of pre-trade/order controls and real-time monitoring.
- Focus on Business Continuity Management inter-departmental cross collaboration, scenarios, communication plan and testing
- Focus on Kill Functionality inter-departmental cross collaboration, scenarios, communication plan and testing
- Improve documentation related to algorithmic trading activity
- Risk and Control Self-Assessments (RCSAs): Assist in establishing RCSAs for each of the Trading Asset Classes:
- Identifying material operational risks, both existing and as business decisions are being made
- Establish and maintain internal controls to help mitigate risks
- Proactively promote possible solutions to reduce risks
- Risk Incident Management: Conduct post-mortems on operational risk incidents - report and investigate errors, losses and near misses, identifying root causes and overseeing the implementation of corrective actions.
- Risk Awareness: Help to further promote a strong risk awareness culture in the organization
What you need to succeed
- 2+ years of Operational Risk Management experience
- Relevant university degree such as Finance, Economics, Business management or equivalent
- Knowledge and proven experience in the financial markets industry - understanding of trading is a plus
- Understanding of operational risk and IT risk frameworks and controls
- Understanding of enterprise risk management
- Clear communicator, able to effectively work with stakeholders
- Fluency in English, written and spoken
- Entrepreneurial, flexible and attentive to detail
- Automation skills is a plus - creation of risk reporting dashboards (for example - Power BI, etc)