Junior Salesforce Consultant
As a Junior Salesforce Consultant you will become part of our European Applications Services team which provides a full range of IT services to clients across multiple industry sectors. You will be assigned to a client engagement where you will work alongside experienced Cognizant employees delivering technology solutions to gain experience from practice. An introduction to Customer Relation Management
Salesforce.com is one of the most innovative business enabling platforms in the Digital age. Our global CRM practice helps our clients transform to the new Salesforce.com, CRM, Marketing and Digital needs of this time. The CRM practice is growing fast and is an accelerating mix of knowledge areas and experience. We work with clients in the frontlines of new developments and technologies. Your 1st assignment could involve any combination of application development, maintenance, business requirements gathering and analysis or project management support. Your role as Junior Consultant Salesforce.com
We are looking for a graduate who is interested in learning business process analysis, requirements definitions, Sales and Service Processes, functional design and Salesforce.com system configuration and development.
You will be directly working with our clients on business improvements, requirements gathering and system development. You will be part of a dynamic team delivering state of the art solutions to our clients.
Prior to start your client engagement, you will attend a 2 week European graduates Introduction Program in Spain to ensure you have a solid understanding of Cognizant's culture and processes. The first 18 months you have the opportunity for further training and support by our own Academy to help you achieve your long-term career goals. In addition to your day to day project manager, we'll assign a mentor to ensure you get all the help and support you need to start your career on the best footing.
After the induction program you will receive:
- Business process and requirements analyses
- Customer Contact and Interaction Management
- Salesforce.com Admin and Developer certification
The induction program normally starts in January, May or September. These are also the moments when you will start.
In addition to your day to day project manager and your supervisor, we will assign a mentor from another Cognizant practice to ensure you get all the help and support you need to start your career on the best footing. Key requirements:
- Min. Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business & IT, Computer Science, Computer or Industrial Engineering, Management Information Systems other related majors;
- (Preferably) demonstrated ability to program;
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively with global project teams;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluency in Dutch and in English is mandatory
- Nil or maximum 1 year's relevant work experience after graduation;
- You must be authorized and eligible to work freely in the EU.
We look forward to hearing from you!
- The opportunity to be part of a young and fast growing organization;
- An open, international and multicultural environment;
- Access to further training through our own Cognizant Academy to ensure professional development;
- The opportunity to work for large multinational clients.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Dec 03 2019
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 193 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.