For the last 15 years, we have partnered with the most prestigious Investment Banks, Prop Trading firms, Market Makers and High Frequency Trading firms to recruit the most talented C++/Java developers, Quants and Traders in the market. Due to high volatility in the market, many of these firms are experiencing high profit and are expanding.
The role below is permanent and based in Amsterdam with an attractive bonus structure.
Technology driven trading:
How to beat the best minds of a global industry…
Within this technology driven trading firm, engineers don't just make things - they make things possible and push the limits.
Within this fast-paced environment it is about;
• Impact and performance
• Changing the world by connecting people and capital with ideas
• Solving the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for their clients
The engineering teams build scalable software and systems, architect (ultra) low latency infrastructure solutions, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action.
What makes it fun?
• Quick feedback loops: this means that early and often releases lead to incremental benefits
• Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunities at the speed of markets
• Gain knowledge on how an exchange works as well as the trading strategy
• Fast passed environment designed around daily production releases
• A broad range of team members with a variety of backgrounds, superior technical skills, intelligence, and collaborative approach of i.e. the execution and strategy engineers
• It’s about impact and performance.
In short: a tech-driven firm which invests heavily in their engineering teams. Developers here are truly world-class.
Their motto: “We believe who you are makes you better at what you do”. Committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in its own workplace and beyond, by ensuring every individual has unlimited opportunities to grow professionally and personally by:
• Training and development opportunities
• Firmwide networks • Benefits
• Wellness and personal finance offerings
• Mindfulness program
A flat culture (no middle layer) that fosters a culture of openness and collaboration, encouraging the sharing of ideas and knowledge. Seniority makes no difference, the best idea wins.
"It's all about speed, super low latency."
- University degree in i.e. Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Geology, Aerospace , or a related field (i.e. involving simulations)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a commercial Java environment. Note: Relevant experience weighs heavier then the level of education
- Experience with solving complex issues, preferrable in a dynamic environment.
- Team player mindset with creativity and passion for complexity
Learn, Work and Grow.
Learn: Each employee will get a 6-week (non-technical) training about financial markets, tools used and its architecture.
Work: As a Developer you will be working in a small team of up to 5 Developers + Team Lead for the first 1,5 to 2 years, after which you will join a team most suitable to you. Examples of topics you will be working on:
• Hacking a Linux Curl
• Developing Strategies
• Building tools and platforms Furthermore, you will be creating complex implementations that make its systems work at ultra-low latency level;
• Whilst trading in the most competitive markets across the globe, they win by making better and faster decisions than their competition. As a software developer you’ll be working with traders and engineers to implement strategies that will challenge you to be creative, demanding to produce solutions which compete in the extremely latency sensitive environment, whilst managing complexity.
• Joining a highly motivated Amsterdam based team dedicated to delivering challenging projects, while controlling end-to-end product development.
• Balance the race to production with software quality and testability. You’ll be placed in an environment consisting primarily of Java, designed around the concept of daily production releases. This ever-evolving variety of systems and technologies keeps your life interesting and offers a steep learning curve.
• They rely on their developers to drive change by taking feedback from traders, and shape that into an implementation. The most successful developers comfortably work in any part of their stack.
For Developers keen to grow into their next role, these are some of the options;
✓ Becoming a subject matter expert (SME)
✓ Managerial positions: i.e. a Team Lead
✓ Front Office dedicated function
✓ International based role in one of their global offices
✓ Numerous other possibilities (ad hoc)