Looking for a Sales & Trading Traineeship in Amsterdam where you can boost your sales talent? Are you eager enough to pick up the phone and build your own client portfolio? Is your personality best described as ambitious, commercial and are you curious about the combination of sales and global commodity trading?
Becoming an ACT Sales Trader
At ACT Commodities, we believe that investing in raw talent benefits everyone long term. Therefore, all of our new sales traders participate in a personalized Traineeship program. The Traineeship teaches all of our new recruits the knowledge and skills necessary to build a successful trading business. If you succeed, we succeed. From day one we go the extra mile to ensure that success happens throughout your career at ACT Commodities. Trainees immediately become members of a trading desk and can start contacting potential clients as soon as they feel ready. Experience shows that Trainees manage to start a successful trade book before their Traineeship is completed.
As an ACT Commodities Sales Trader, you get to do it all, from building client relationships to identifying and sourcing suitable products, negotiating the terms and closing the deals.
If you’re good at keeping your eye on the ball, seizing opportunities, and enjoy the challenges of matchmaking products, business requirements, legislative stipulation, logistics, and finances, then becoming an ACT Commodities Sales Trader could be the rewarding career you’ve been looking for.
- fluent in English and one of the following languages: German, Dutch, Italian, French or Spanish.
- bachelor’s/master's degree, preferably in Business Economics or Finance
- 0-3 years’ experience in a sales trading or brokerage / account management role
- aptitude for taking initiative, a commercial and creative mind with an entrepreneurial attitude
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong numerical skills
- ability to handle constructive criticism and not afraid to fail and try again
- relocation to Amsterdam (if necessary)
Compensation & benefits
- build up your own business and client portfolio within our enthusiastic and entrepreneurial team, consisting of more than 30 nationalities;
- stimulating working environment with a lot of opportunities;
- work in the world’s fastest growing and most dynamic commodity markets;
- incentives when company targets are reached, such as dinners, activities and events;
- comprehensive on-the-job training to develop the necessary commercial trading skills;
- coaching sessions are offered on a weekly basis;
- competitive salary and performance bonus;
- well located office in the financial hub of the Netherlands (walking distance from train station);
- friday afternoon drinks in our in-house bar and external locations.