Internal Audit for EMEA - Financial Crime Audit Manager - AVP
Internal Audit for EMEA - Financial Crime Audit Manager - AVPInternal Audit
Internal Audit operates as the bank's third line of defence, and in accordance with the global
institute of internal auditors international standards (IIA standards), provides independent
assurance to the board and executive management on the quality and effectiveness of
governance, risk management and internal controls to monitor manage and mitigate key
risks to achieving the bank's objectives.
The internal audit function in MBE works in close collaboration with our colleagues in
London, in the US and in Japan. Covering 8 different countries, our function independently
evaluates whether the quality of the bank's internal control framework is both effective and
efficient; and assess whether existing policies and procedures remain adequate and comply
with legal and regulatory requirements.
The team in Amsterdam is expanding, in a very international environment, with interesting
opportunities to learn and to grow in the function.
Main purpose of the role
MUFG is embarking on a multi-year transformation to globalize the Internal Audit function.
Financial Crimes Audit is one of the first areas globalised under this transformation. An
exciting new opportunity has therefore emerged for an Assistant Vice President (Audit
Manager (AM)) to join MUFG and Internal Audit in Amsterdam, as we build towards a best in
class, global Internal Audit function and the Financial Crimes Audit Team. Reporting into the
regional financial crime director in London, the Audit Manager will support risk assessment,
annual planning and audit execution, in close collaboration with the MBE Internal Audit team
in Amsterdam and other colleagues across the globe.
This position is primarily responsible for completing quality audit work within assigned
timeframes and budgets. This is generally the execution of assigned audits, including
planning, fieldwork, reporting, and issue tracking and follow-up.
Covers staff responsible for independent, objective assurance and consulting activity
designed to improve a firm's operations by evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk
management, control and governance processes. Special reviews may also be conducted as
requested by senior management and incumbents may also be involved in strategic
business reviews. Will also be responsible for liaising with the front office, risk and
Key responsibilities include the following:
• Interview process owners to develop understanding of business processes
• Identify potential risks and controls, and assist in developing scope and work programs
• Evaluate internal controls design and effectiveness
• Identify control weaknesses and suggest appropriate remediation
• Document results using appropriate business and technical language in work paper
• Report findings and client issues to management and engagement lead
• Assist with work paper review and report preparation
• Complete work on a timely basis and with high quality work papers in line with audit
methodology, while also operating within industry best practices, applicable regulations,
and internal and external professional practice expectations
• Build relationships with peers and clients within organization Act as a leader and role
model and continuously improve self and department.
• Audits will predominantly be executed in the Amsterdam office, however regular travel to
London and the MBE locations (estimate range of 10-40%).
In order to be successful in the role, you will need the following:
Skills and experience:
• Experience of working in an audit function (second line Compliance or Risk
Management, or front line testing teams will be considered) within the Financial Services
sector or providing consultancy services in the same sphere.
• Good understanding of wholesale markets either in an investment banking or
commercial banking firm.
• Good knowledge of Financial Crime areas (e.g. Anti-Money Laundering including Client
Due Diligence, Transaction Monitoring, Suspicious Activity Reporting, Sanctions and
Anti-Bribery and Corruption). Training will be provided to enhance this.
• Knowledge in auditing Compliance or Risk Management functions with a major financial
firm, including front to back audits (e.g. Front Office).
• Proven track record in delivering quality audit work including planning, fieldwork and
• A good understanding of the regulatory environment, in particular the UK FCA and PRA
Handbook as well as EU (4th Money Laundering Directive), Japanese (FEFTA) and US
requirements (e.g. BSA/AML, OFAC etc).
• Financial Crime relevant qualification or working towards completion (e.g. CAMS, CFCS,
ICA certifications). - desirable
• Business fluency in English and experience in an international work environment. An
understanding of the Dutch language as well as other languages within the region (e.g
German, Polish, Spanish) and culture is helpful. Experience with Japan or the Japanese
corporate culture is desirable but not essential.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability.
• A proactive, motivated approach.
• The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly.
• Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement.
• A structured and logical approach to work.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• A creative and innovative approach to work.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines.
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
• A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment.
• Strong numerical skills.
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills.