Flow Traders is looking for an ambitious IT Program Manager. This is a unique opportunity to join a leading proprietary trading firm with an entrepreneurial and innovative culture at the heart of its business. We value quick-witted, creative minds and challenge them to make full use of their capacities.
In the role of IT Program Manager Trading at Flow Traders, you will gain intimate knowledge of our global technology stack by collaborating across multidisciplinary teams in IT, Trading Operations, Trading Performance and Development, as well as with key business units in Trading and Business Support. Consequently, your work will contribute directly to visible and measurable benefits for the business.
You will be based in Amsterdam and report directly to the Head Of IT. In this capacity, you will work very closely with the IT leadership team, colleagues with leadership roles in the Networking, Infrastructure, Systems, Databases, Cloud and Automation domains.
Ambition for 2021 and Beyond
Since its IPO in 2015, the business has doubled in terms of people and Net Trading Income. Flow Traders plans to continue on this growth path by becoming the one-stop-shop liquidity platform for investors in financial products globally. Flow Traders continuously diversifies its product portfolio, most recently into cryptocurrencies, FX and Fixed Income.
What You Will Do
- Active and effective collaboration with several departments within the company (e.g. IT, Trading, Trading Operations, Trading Performance and Development)
- Strategize, implement and maintain IT programs & projects which are aligned with key focus areas for the business and IT
- Work closely with project sponsors, cross-functional teams, and IT leads to plan and develop scope, deliverables, resources, budget, and timelines for projects
- Identify key requirements needed from cross-functional teams, other departments and external vendors
- Communicate regularly and effectively with stakeholders
- Assess and report on IT program performance whilst aiming to maximize ROI
What You Need To Succeed
- BSc or MSc in Computing Science or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the finance industry
- Significant experience leading IT programs & projects
- Knowledge of IT datacenters, IT infrastructure and IT procurement processes
- Experience with IT & exchange connectivity solutions relating to various Trading Asset Classes (Equity, FX, Crypto, Fixed Income, Options)
- Experience with trading algorithms and good understanding of different trading strategies is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Multi-tasking skills and a structured way of working
- Attention to detail and drive
- Stress resistance and open personality