Head of Finance Europe
- Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page
- 12 Jan 18 2018-01-12
The Head of Finance Europe will work with the Amsterdam bases finance & operations team and CFO. The ideal candidate lead for the European business- all financial planning & analysis, performance measurement, operations, risk management, compliance and cash management activities and processes.
Our client is a fast-growing global trading firm with a broad portfolio. It has succesfully been established to facilitate the new trading opportunities.
- Alongside the CFO and in close liaison with peer regional Heads of Finance in USA and Asia develop short and long-term strategic operational and financial plans for the trading firm based in Amsterdam.
- Incorporate a solid growth strategy into the long term business and financial plans and identify the required steps in terms of processes, systems and people.
- Pro-actively provide recommendations to the CFO to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Provide executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities.
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs, strategies and regulatory action.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior executives so as to identify their needs and seek full range of business solutions beyond just the Finance perspective.
- Make sure that the Finance Operations, Business Planning & Analysis and the Mid-office & Risk Management teams are well connected and aligned with the trading activities.
- Ensure credibility of Finance group by making sure the teams provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts.
Design and manage processes and performance:
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with regulatory market and (indirect) tax requirements.
- Enhance and maintain accounting procedures, processes and systems and ensure internal controls are properly designed and operating effectively.
- Set up and manage shared services (Finance & Risk) provided to the MiFID II regulated business unit of the trading firm.
- Monitor that processes between the different finance functions are properly coordinated, aligned.
Leading the team:
- Lead and develop a strong Finance & Operations team.
- Focus in the team development and individual assessments on continuous evaluation of the short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
- Own, develop and drive key performance indicators while providing mentorship, coaching motivation, direction and on-going feedback to the different team members.
- Further enhance the management skills of the managers of the teams and encourage them to taken on new initiatives in improving their team performance and/or processes.
The ideal candidate;
- Master degree in Accounting or Finance (or MBA) + RA qualification
- 10+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership role
- Big 4 background with additional in-house/industry experience
- Fluent in English, preferably native speaker (Dutch)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record of developing or upgrading the Finance function in an international setting
- Experience with commodity trading and financial markets is a plus
- Focus on quality
- Planning & organizing
- Stress management
- Ambition & vision
- Business orientation
- Leadership of groups
- Competitive salary-package + bonus
- Secondary benefits