Global Real Estate Investor/Developer - Netherlands coverage team Investment Analyst - Amsterdam
- Competitive Base + Bonus
- Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
- Permanent, Full time
- Arkesden Real Estate
- 13 Dec 18
Arkesden Real Estate is working with a leading global real estate investor, developer and manager to help find an Analyst for their Netherlands coverage team. They are seeking an individual with 0-5 years real estate experience from an investment banking, investments, real estate M&A, or transaction services background. The role is to be based in Amsterdam and as such Dutch fluency, though not necessarily citizenship, is required.
Arkesden Real Estate is working with one of the largest and most respected real estate organizations in the world.
Our Client is a privately owned global real estate investment, development and management firm, with a 60+ year track record.
They are seeking an experienced analyst for their European real estate investment & development team in the Netherlands. The candidate will work in support of a variety of functions of the team, including analysing and underwriting investment & development opportunities, preparation of investment proposals and reports and other capital-raising and underwriting activities.
The position will suit an exceptional analyst wishing to expand a career in real estate, who would benefit from learning at one of the largest real estate investment & development companies in the world.
- Underwriting and due diligence for specific real estate acquisitions and sales.
- Building, operating, maintaining and reviewing a wide variety of financial models, primarily in Excel.
- Preparing investment presentations, memos, reports and other materials for internal and external communication.
- General support of senior team members in decision-making and execution of various investment strategies.
- Supporting observance of day-to-day market trends and developments in the Netherlands.
- Assisting in the analysis and dissemination of internal and external research knowledge.
The candidate is a prospective analyst and a highly driven individual with 0 - 5 years of relevant working experience in Real Estate or a related field, preferably with general knowledge of real estate. The ideal candidate likes to work in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment. A keen interest in real estate and investments will be viewed positively. In addition, the candidate should meet the following requirements:
- Obtaining a university degree from high-calibre institution, preferably in a subject area demanding high analytical aptitude. Undergraduate or subsequent study emphasis on real estate/private equity/investment and/or finance/economics is not required, but would be beneficial.
- Analytical and quantitative skills and demonstrated excellence in academic and extracurricular activities.
- Experience in real estate investment/real estate finance/private equity will be beneficial and taken into consideration.
- Highly numerate with a strong skillset in representing the concepts of real estate investment accurately and efficiently in Excel form.
- Thorough understanding of the conceptual framework of real estate investment and development more broadly.
- Sophisticated understanding of the MS Office suite, most particularly Excel, but also PowerPoint and Word.
- Excellent communication skills with confident fluency in written and spoken Dutch and English. Other European languages are not required, but would be beneficial.
- Pro-active, self-motivated and adept at using own initiative to be most effective.
- Strong confidence, independence and interest in working in a non-hierarchical and entrepreneurial environment.
- Attention to and care for detail in all work.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work quickly to a high standard.
- Positive energy and contribution to team spirit.
- Ambition and desire to build personal skill-set and value in the role.