Flow Traders is looking for a Financial Analyst to join our growing Finance team. This is a unique opportunity to join a leading proprietary trading firm with an entrepreneurial and innovative culture at the heart of its business. We value quick-witted, creative minds and challenge them to make full use of their capacities. If you aim high, the sky is the limit!
At Flow Traders you will be working on various projects and new initiatives that require your input from a finance perspective. You will notice that no day is the same at Flow Traders and that your planning may be jeopardized by new initiatives, but that is exactly what you like about the job. When you are half way of your day, you either decide to go for a work-out at the gym during lunch or take a lunch break and sit with other Flow Traders colleagues. After lunch, it is only a few hours ahead before our NY office opens, which will give you an opportunity to catch up with the NY finance team. At the end of the day, you can unwind at the Flow bar to catch up with your colleagues with a drink or arcade games, if you feel like it.
What you will do
The main duties are listed below, but please do keep in mind that this role may also involve a significant amount of ad hoc work.
- Support the timely and accurate accounting, reporting and analysis of the Dutch entities
- Day-to-day finance operations such as accounts payable, cash forecasting and payments
- Managing our consolidation software and assisting in performing the consolidation
- Initiate, implement and optimize automated processes and systems
- Monitor and support procurement approval work flow
- Support preparation of statutory accounts
- Work on improving the business analysis and costs insights of the business
- Preparation and filing of VAT returns
- Prepare supporting documentation for corporate income tax returns
- Be a go-to person for finance related questions
- Work cross-functionally with team members in other departments (Risk/Mid-Office, IT)
- Supporting on a variety of ad hoc projects as required
What you need to succeed
We are looking for an ambitious Financial Analyst with 3-5 years of experience, preferably gained working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with relevant experience working in the (Fin)-Tech industry. You have the ability to communicate (both written and spoken) perfectly in English and Dutch.
- You are a self-starter, proactive and used to taking initiative
- You have an excellent command of Microsoft Excel
- Strong analytical, report writing and communication skills
- You enjoy problem solving and working under pressure
- Strong drive to eliminate manual repetitive internal and external reporting functions
- Preferably database experience (SQL)
- Experience with Exact and OneStream is nice to have
- You must also be resourceful and will be happy to get involved in different Group finance projects
- Excellent career opportunities are available to the right high achiever